Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

NB Buck..different mount

Old 02-28-2005, 03:19 PM

Default RE: NB Buck..different mount

that pose is so cool!!!!!! I've never thought of that
Old 02-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Fork Horn

Portage,
I have hunted with several outfitters over the years and we ran a guide business (fishing) so I think I can give you a honest opinion.
They are set up a little different. They pay by the car load everyday to hunt 33 thousand acres, it's gated access to paper company property. If you have not hunted New Brunswick it is much like parts of Maine. Anyway they take you out every morning and drop you off @ your treestand. You can still hunt but they don't push that idea. You get picked up at dark. Many hunters that were there wondered why they don't "help" push deer towards you direction maybe once during the day..again this was not my request but either way they will not do that. You sit, walk or what ever and if nothing comes out that the way it is. Facilities are pretty good, main cabin with 2 bathrooms, the owner sleeps right there every night. Food is medium to good. One guide has an extended cab pick up and it is hard for a big guy to get in the back..there is no back door so you are sliding a seat foward everytime to get in..I did not have a problem with this but others did.
I shot my buck in 10 minutes the first day..he was 8 1/2 years old and the tines were not very long but has a good spread..it like always was a instant decision and with him looking straight at me 125 yards away while I was walking in..so he is on the wall and you obviously know the result..nothing like a neck shot.
2 bucks shot that week (2nd week) 5 hunters, one other buck spotted but it was small. There is potential there no question, I know another guy several years ago that took a real nic e buck 12 point I think... 180 B&C+-
Bottom Line:
Inexpensive trip for whitetails vs Alberta 5K
Food medium..but lots of it
Tuff hunting..weather like always is a factor
Trip is good for the price.
I just thought of something e-mail me direct..maybe your interested
Old 02-28-2005, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

Cyclone.. I have video only...maybe a pic from a 35mm not sure I will look. No mental shrinkage..I have shot several decent bucks and am very realistic about what I "let go" I look mostly for 150 B&C or better. The one to the left in the pic was 162 green B&C 205lbs..My heaviest I shot in Saskatchawan live weight was 333 9 pt. I have him mounted drinking water. In that area the deer do not get gutted in order to help keep the wolves out so we scaled him that night on a Hanson scale..thats how I know his live weight. This year in New Hampshire I harvested a 192 lb 8 pt.. so again size & weight I am familar with..
My brother saw the deer in the video and then mounted. His first reaction was and I quote" That deer looks like a peanut now"...pretty sad. I will look for pics