Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Beds

Old 12-21-2004, 08:52 PM

Default Deer Beds

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum.

I have some questions about deer bedding habits I would like some input on...

Do whitetail deer use the same beds day and night? The same bed for several days? Would they return to the same bed for weeks, months, perhaps longer? Are they known to bed down in the same spots in different seasons?

Any other information or insight anyone could provide on bedding habits is appreciated.

Thanks,
Chuck.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Deer Beds

From what I have seen as seasons change and food sources change bedding area's change with them! As far as day and night or weeks or days it hard to say. I've hunted bedding area's for a week straight and would see many different groups heading in or out on different day's and different times of day! One thing I do know is bedding areas are great places to set up near! Good luck...Jim
Old 12-22-2004, 12:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Around here at night anyway the deer bed down in the field of the food source they are eating. Often see deer or beds in the middle of a hay field. i did see a doe walk up to a bed and smell it then lay in it.In the bad weather there bed choices of course is in the thick cover. During the daylight hours they seem to have a general area to bed all the time. The stranges place I seen a deer bedded down was under a homes pool deck
Old 12-23-2004, 11:25 PM

Thanks for the input!

I have no problem finding the beds, I was just wondering how much they would be used thereafter.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:39 PM

you learn so much in this site,all ya gotta do is ask....what a great place