Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What's everyone's experience?

Old 08-21-2002, 04:38 PM

Default RE: What's everyone's experience?

Im 41 yrs. old.Started deer hunting in 1976 w/bow.Been at for 26 yrs. now.And no end in sight

It's not how big the Deer,But the size of the experiance that matters!!
Old 08-21-2002, 04:52 PM
Typical Buck

THIS IS A GOOD TOPIC. AND ALSO I MUST SAY THIS IS AN AWESOME SITE AND I LOVE IT. IM 29, BEEN HUNTING FOR ABOUT 17 YRS. IN THE EARLY PARTS OF IT I HUNTED MOSTLY DUCK AND GEESE AND SQUIRRELS, AND A FEW RABBITS. I TOOK UP DEER HUNTING AROUND THE AGE OF 17. WITH A RIFLE AND NEVER KILLED ANY DEER. I TOOK UP BOW HUNTING WHEN I WAS 18 AND STILL NEVER KILLED ANYTHING. IVE PRETTY MUCH HAD TO TEACH MYSELF EVERYTHING I KNOW. AND I LEARNED MOST OF IT ON STATE PROPERTY, IVE CAME ACROSS SOME PRETTY NICE WHITETAILS TOO. MY FIRST DEER WAS A DOE WITH THE RIFLE AND THAT WAS ABOUT 4 YRS AGO MY FIRST BUCK WAS WITH THE BOW AND THAT WAS 3 YRS AGO AFTER THAT I PRETTY MUCH LAID THE RIFLE DOWN. AND ALL I DO IS BOW HUNT. IVE KILLED SOME NICE DEER WITH THE BOW BUT BOY DID IT TAKE ME AWHILE. BUT ITS BEEN FUN.. GOOD LUCK TO ALL
Old 08-21-2002, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for all the welcomes, and the comments about the great topic. Im only in my second season as a rifle hunter, I missed a huge buck last year with my rifle, that Im positive I would have gotten with my shotgun, but hey I treasure the miss as much as I can. It's the first time Ive missed a buck, but I suprisingly didnt feel that bad that I missed. It was a pleasure watching a 200lb 150 class ten pointer on a full run, and pass within 25 yds of me, something most people in this world won't see, much less appreciate. Im from NY, lived there most of my life, where all my family and fellow hunters are. Now Im in VA and personally dont have any "fellow hunters" other than the ones at the hunt club, which I appreciate, but hey it doesnt beat a season with your uncles, cousins, and friends getting out of our pick ups, setting up a drive. Now that is time to remember, that's the good life.
Old 08-21-2002, 06:57 PM

Right on brother.....
Old 08-21-2002, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I started hunting with my dad when I was six years old .Killed my first deer at 12 years old and every year since then except for time in the service . I'm still trying to learn all I can about this sport .This is the 60th year I've been at it and I'm starting to catch on .
Old 08-22-2002, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

Im 36. started bird hunting about 8 years ago, then switched to bow hunting 2years later!

Josh 24:15
Old 08-22-2002, 03:04 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I started hunting with my dad when I was six years old .Killed my first deer at 12 years old and every year since then except for time in the service . I'm still trying to learn all I can about this sport .This is the 60th year I've been at it and I'm starting to catch on .
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Halacon - There is no end to learning about this sport...

Working towards a cleaner, greener forest...
Old 08-22-2002, 03:19 PM

UC, Hunting....

If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you...
Old 08-22-2002, 03:20 PM

31 years old
Grew up hunting birds with my dad. Started deer hunting 6 years ago, and started shed hunting 3 years ago.......fully addicted to deer...
Old 08-22-2002, 04:24 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: What's everyone's experience?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.