Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Does anyone else here take pictures while hunting

Old 12-15-2004, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Does anyone else here take pictures while hunting

Here is the picture of a buck I shot shortly after taking a couple of picture of him. I got lucky because the doe he was tending kept circling back around to me. I took it with a Olympus 400 digital camera. The picture is blurred but I tried to fix it the best I could. He was about 75 yards out when I took the picture. I asked santa to get me a better one for Christmas, hopefully I have been good enough this year.

Before Picture
Old 12-15-2004, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

Here he is after I shot him.

Old 12-15-2004, 08:37 AM

WHO, similar to what was already mentioned, I have an Olympus C-750. It has a phenomenal zoom, although it's a little bulkier than others. It takes GREAT pictures. This is a picture of a bald eagle I took at my cabin, from a rocking boat at 15-20 yards away. Anyway, I would look online, I bought mine at www.buydig.com at a great price, warranty and all. I've yet to take it out hunting with me though.

Old 12-15-2004, 08:56 AM

I got a picture like that but mine was not as sharp. I got this picture of an eagle that was on top of a ham radio tower two streets over.

I got my camera online at http://www.jr.com and was very please with the overall process and the service. My two digital camera buying tips are the more optical zoom the better. a camera with anymore than 3-4X digital zoom will be grainy. Also try to get a camera that takes lithium batteries. Lithium batteries last 10X longer wile only costing 4X times more. I took over 1000 photos on my first set of lithium batteries.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you should post this picture everytime someone is complaining about not seeing/killing any deer during their hunt. This gives the perspective that there is more to hunting then killing every day in the woods.
Old 12-15-2004, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Tsk, tsk, tsk.... You guys and your high tech digital cameras....

I bring my old, trusty, Canon A-1 35mm SLR in the woods right before the season and snap photos of deer signs, tracks, and the general outlying area of where I want to hunt. Camera bag and assorted lenses, filters, and misc gear is either in the truck, or in a small fanny pack, should I need it.

Butch A.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:54 PM

I never go out without my camera.

Here's a picture taken last Saturday from my blind. These two blackbuck antelope were out about 450 yards. The picture was taken with a Digital SLR and a 200 mm zoom lense. When I took the picture I didn't see that the blackbuck on the right was taking a whiz nor did I notice the russian boar that was out beyond the antelope.

Old 12-15-2004, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

i did the other day , i didnt see anything but i got some of the best pics form where i was hutnig form my tree i was set next too.....i take my camera to work with me too...i have an alligator that has a bottle of water in it's mouth...the scenery pics are beautful, maybe i'll post one or two.......
keep this pic in mind the next time you see litter.....

this was when i first started out in the a.m.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:17 PM

i like to take the camera with me when i go into the woods...

here is a picture from this afternoons hunt.. plenty of turkeys.. but no deer...!!

Old 12-15-2004, 06:17 PM

Here's one I'm proud of. Snapped it while hunting antelope in Montana

Quick Reply: Does anyone else here take pictures while hunting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.