Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Make someones day

Old 11-28-2004, 08:09 PM

Default Make someones day

This last wednesday i was visiting my aunts house here in Georgia. I was getting all of my stuff into the house laying my camo out getting it ready for the mornings hunt ect, Well my mom said good bye and then headed off down the road. About 10 mins later she came back to the house with a look on her face that i only saw when she was upset. I asked her what was wrong and she had explained. As she pulled out of the street and headed down the road and saw a kid in a mustang come flying around the corner and BANG the kid hit a doe. The kid had pulled over and my mom pulled right behind him to see if everything was alright. The deer was laying in the street gasping for air. My mom had jumped in the car and back to the house to tell me what had happend. I jumped on my four wheeler and sped down the street to see what i could do. By the time i had got there the deer had past and i am a 16 year old that has respect for what is killed. The kid was in shock from his car to the death of the deer. It was the day befor thankgiving so i felt that this could be used. I drug the deer off the road and onto my four wheeler. By the time everything had happend and i got to the house is was well past 12. I took some spot lights and hung them in the back yard and field dressed the deer and butchered it up and put the meat in the freezer. The next moring i awoke and got the meat ready for our big family gathering. And i tell you what. That deer sure was good. That made my day to know that the deer didnt go to waste and that the kid wouldnt feel as bad. Sorry for the long story. It just made me feel better
Old 11-29-2004, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Make someones day

WEll good for you son. For a 16yr old, that know how to butcher a deer,...........well you must have been raised into that huh? Good job, now go and shoot you one and quit picking up road kill!
Old 11-30-2004, 04:39 AM
Spike

Made me feel better just to read about your good deed. Ya' done good!
Old 11-30-2004, 10:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep better then wating it,I hunt for roadkills dailey