Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WOW, just where do they hide?

Old 11-25-2004, 09:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default WOW, just where do they hide?

I have'nt got a picture of this guy in about a month, I thought that someone may have tagged him, but to my surprise I got this picture on the last day of our firearms season with about 30 minutes left in our season. Its beyond me where they hide, I have hunted this one all season and not as much as a glimpse. Our ML season opens Friday morning but I won't get to hunt much but on the weekends, but I'm really glad that he is still around, sure makes hunting alot more fun when you know you have one like him left around.
Old 11-25-2004, 11:27 AM

Default RE: WOW, just where do they hide?

Man, he's a good one!!

I gotta get one of those cameras!!
Old 11-25-2004, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

What part of Missouri are you in?? That will score really nice!!

I had a buck like that, I got his picture on Sept. 29th and never saw him until Sat. of Shotgun season last weekend..He came in chasing 4 does...

Old 11-25-2004, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

Another view...I'll put his Trail cam photo up later...

Old 11-25-2004, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

Holy cow! nice bucks
Old 11-25-2004, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

it is truely incredible how those bucks can hide like that, they know the woods like the back of their hoofs, they travel all over and its weird how you will see some really nice deer, catch some on camera, and then when the "bangs" start, they will curl up and hide. deer work in mysterious ways.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:35 PM

Strut,
I didn't relize that Black Powder season opens tomorrow, I assumed it was on Saturday, but your post caught my attention and after a quick check I see your right, If it wasn't for your post I would have missed a day, Thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-25-2004, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Botlon, I live in Southern Mo. Between West Plains and Alton, in Oregon County.

Mo Hunter, I just learned in the middle of the week that it was opening on Friday instead of Saturday, I wish they would put about a week between seasons, like they used to, kind of let them settle back down a little, but I guess they are concerned about antler shedding, and some bucks getting killed as antlerless if they run it to late.
Old 11-25-2004, 05:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow, Bolton, Looks like a big Kansas deer, to bad he is missing one brow tine, he is a dandy, congrats.
Old 11-25-2004, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

He has the other brow tine in the Trail Cam photo....Guess he got in a fight and lost it...???

Quick Reply: WOW, just where do they hide?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.