Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

$150 reward for stolen 14 pt. rack

Old 11-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Default $150 reward for stolen 14 pt. rack

Not mine. A guy checked his 14 pointer in and left his deer to be processed and caped out for mounting at our local meat processor.
Sometime on the 19th, someone sawed off the rack through the skull. Please fellows.......no matter who, where, why you take your deer for processing, etc., make sure you cape it out or make immediate arrangements for it to be caped out right then and right there.

I don't have the details yet of who shot this buck, but he learned a valuable lesson. It probably was a lifetime buck for the person, its a shame, just don't let it happen to you.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: $150 reward for stolen 14 pt. rack

I had a buddy that before he started hunting with us had a deer stolen. He tagged the deer and was picking up dogs and was about 50 yards away from his truck when a truck pulled up and took his deer. He was going to get it mounted and has yet to kill a buck as nice as that one. What will the guy say years from now, yeah son that is the buck I stole back in 89.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Some people just don't have any class ,and yes just how could he be proud of a rack he never took.I'm sure he wouldn't be able to appreciate that deer as a real trophy since he never shot it JERK'S that's all I got to say.
I know when I take my deer to the processor I alway's bring the rack home with me before I leave.Trophy or not .I will not leave it there overnight.

nubo
Old 11-24-2004, 01:22 PM
c j
Typical Buck

I can't even imagine something as stupid as stealing someone else's rack. [:@] What's the point? I'd rather have a 3x3 that I actually shot than someone else's monster.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

did he check Ebay ? It is worth many times that on there. have him check it out. I look at them antler sales dailey.I will keep my eyes open. A little better discription would help. It even could show up mounted on a head for sale
Old 11-24-2004, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Some thing like that Just Burns me up.

What a stupid thing to do.

People just amase me some times.

Stealing a Deer Gesssh.

To me it just wouldn't be the same.

If I get a Big Buck I want it to be the one that I shot.

How else could I really brag about it LoL
Old 11-25-2004, 03:30 AM

I've heard more stories about crooked hunters in the last week that could last a life time!
Old 11-25-2004, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

same thing happened to me 4 years ago, someone stole my cape out of the back of my truck at a gas station on the way to a taxidermist. I was in the gas station paying for my gas was in there maybe a minute or two. it was nice tall 12 point rack with a 23 1/4 inch spread id say a 150 or 160 class buck easy. I was so pissed not only did they take that rack but they took a 20 foot log chain and POS fishing pole i had back there too you know for those spur of the moment fishing adventures. makes me wish i had 12 inches of lift and 40 inch tires so noone can see what i have in the bed.
Old 11-25-2004, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

How in the world can they look at that rack with the same sense of accomplishment as the hunter that took the deer? What a loser, to steal someone else's deer and rack.

dhunter
Old 11-25-2004, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

Why would anyone want a trophy that they didn't work for?

Quick Reply: $150 reward for stolen 14 pt. rack

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.