Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

$150 reward for stolen 14 pt. rack

Old 11-25-2004, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: $150 reward for stolen 14 pt. rack

never thought of that....but the only buck i killed in my life dad said can someone please cut the antlers out now?? we leave our deer up the mountains to get processed when we harvest them up there...and thats 2 hours from here...they are lenient on pick up time and we get there when we can.....id be prettttttty upset to find out my cape and antlers or just my little set of antlers was missing.....ill take your advice and always get it right then and there.....even if i have to wait for it.....better then not getting them! thats terrible......i dont see why people steal antlers and trophys.....i know im not hanging something on my wall i didnt harvest fair and square me vs nature i won....antlers dont mean anything to me unless they came from a deer i harvested or i found the sheds......just me....i guess some guys just LOOOOVE antlers??? who knows....whats next? someone breaking my truck window to take the turkey beard and spurs from my rearview mirror!!?!?
Old 11-25-2004, 08:53 AM

This happened to my dad back when he was a kid (15 or so) he was hunting on public land and he shot a true bruiser buck (he said 140-150 easy) and it ran through some thick stuff down a hill. A few minutes later he heard a truck down in the area and figured it was his dad, so he didnt really pay any mind and went up to the road to wait for him. My grandpa came along and said that it wasnt him and they drove down to the bottom of the hill, there was a pool of blood where the deer died and some tire tracks going right up to it.

Lesson learned, if you're hunting around anybody that you dont know very well, make sure you find your deer ASAP
Old 12-22-2004, 11:14 AM

People are so dumb. Why would you even want a rack off of a buck that you didn't even shoot.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

The a good idea. If it is a big buck, make sure you take the rack right away. A little one.. then I don't care, if somebody wants a little rack bad enough to steal it, then they need it more than I do and can have it.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...121808628&rd=1

don't know if this helps but worth a look
Old 12-22-2004, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

my first mountabel buck was LOST at the processor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you want to talk about pissed!!!!!!!! I almost beet the shi! out of the guy. We had 8 deer there being processed. When we went to pick them up is when he told me the rack was LOST!! yeah right! it was a nice 9 pointer with a 16in spread nothing huge but my first mountable deer ever! after we loaded all the meat from the 8 deer we had processed I told him oh yeah when you find my rack I will come pay you for all the meat!! he was like you cant leave without paying me, I said no?? I got in my truck and left.........
Old 12-22-2004, 04:59 PM

If they catch this scum they should make him strap the antlers to his head and run naked through public game lands on opening day.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with cloudwalker. It could take a lifetime to get a trophy buck like that again. I think he should be straped up and beat about the sac for about 2 days, then the only thing he would want to steal is a big bag of ice!
Old 12-22-2004, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

Times are changing.I had a rack stolen at the game processer a few years back. The butcher said he just put it by the back door and someone made off with it. My reply was well give me your knives and let me stickem out by the back door. The guy was a fool and his business folded that year.
Here is the real kicker. When you report it stolen...If it makes the paper it will say hunters rack stolen by another hunter...... The guy stopped being a hunter when he stole your rack and turned into a thief. But it won't reflect that in the story and they will still call the thief a hunter.[:@]
Old 12-23-2004, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its so sad, and to know it could happen to any of us. Happened to a guys nice 8 pointer in my hometown. First deer ever, GONE.

Quick Reply: $150 reward for stolen 14 pt. rack

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.