Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

after 9 years, got my first buck

Old 11-15-2004, 06:04 AM

Default after 9 years, got my first buck

here it is... my first buck. I been hunting for almost 9 years and this is the reward. Killed him opening morning at 11am here in Seymour Indiana. You can read and see more pics at my website if interested. http://www.geocities.com/ron_smith_jr/ is the site. Due to some bandwidth problems with geocities, you can also see a exact copy of my site here... http://the-smith-family.cjb.cc/ There is a link in the small writeup to the rest of the photos. This 8 pt might not be a monster to some, but he was every bit a monster to me.

Sorry, I thought I could link to my picture on the yahoo site. looks like I am going to have to upload it to someplace else.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: after 9 years, got my first buck

WOW! congrads thats awsome for a first buck. i would be proud if that was my first buck
Old 11-15-2004, 06:17 AM

fixed maybe...

Old 11-15-2004, 06:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrates ,thats a nice buck,Some dude here in Pa. killed a guy for hius deer in 1997 for a deer lot smaller then that
Old 11-15-2004, 07:45 AM

Very nice! Good job and congrats!
Old 11-15-2004, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!! [8D]

Wow, 9 years.... Now I don't feel so bad. This is my 3rd year and I'm off to a slow start and still haven't bagged anything. [:-]

Butch A.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck. I got my first Black Powder Buck this year. I just started to hunt the holly black just last year. I knowthe feeling of the kill. Mine was a six pointer that weighted in at just over 200lbs.

Old 11-15-2004, 12:22 PM

you have a pretty nice looking kill there as well. I think I still have a bit of buck fever. Afew days later and I still can't stop smiling when I think about the few minutes that led up to my shot, the shot and the results. I am glad that I was able to have someone with me to share the moment.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:26 PM

ORIGINAL: ButchA

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!! [8D]

Wow, 9 years.... Now I don't feel so bad. This is my 3rd year and I'm off to a slow start and still haven't bagged anything. [:-]

Butch A.
Just dont get down about it. It will happen when you least expect it. This has been a year of first for me. Not only the buck, but during the early archery, I killed my first doe after 4 years of trying with a bow. I didn't do any of the "took the shot, can't find it" shots at all. Never been any deer close enough and finally, it happend. Good luck with your hunting!!!
Old 11-15-2004, 01:12 PM

Congrats, it sounds like you sure paid your dues for this one.

Quick Reply: after 9 years, got my first buck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.