Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ok, who got one this weekend? (Nov 13-14)

Old 11-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ok, who got one this weekend? (Nov 13-14)

i got one this saturday,theres a pic in the midwest section under indiana report.
10 pt just green scored him at 168.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:34 PM

I an't got one. starts in less than a week!!!
Old 11-15-2004, 06:25 PM

This was my first year deer hunting and it was a great way to start. Bagged a very nice 10 point the afternoon of opening day, and I am still walking around with my head in the clouds. Needless to say, i'm hooked now. I should have a picture to post soon.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

I killed about 15 beers and 2 shots of Yukon Jack this weekend. I consider it a successfull weekend.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:32 AM

I am new to the deer game, I went to Missouri for the opener and luckily got a fat doe. I say lucky because we were hunting a park around Eminence, Mo. where there were a lot of hunters and it seemed that we were the only people there that didn't have a couple of hounds tied up to their campers. All we heard all night were people running their dogs. We were enjoying a few cold ones around the fire around 8:00 pm when a doe ran right through our camp, five minutes later the dogs came through. Had that happend in the daylight one of us would have shot at those dogs.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Jluke04

Good god, nice hunt Jeg, do you usually get that much activity where you live? And where exactly do ya live.

I live in dallas, Texas. But we have leased out about 9000 acres in the Edwards Plateau area of Texas, kind of south west but more west than south. Anyways we have been managing the area the best we can the last 8 years. I am set up in a high traffic area right off the mouth of a canyon, lots of deer travel there all year round. I have my locals but I see a lot of different deer all the time especially during the rut. I am very lucky to see the amount of deer I see especially with all the day hunters and overhunted leases around us.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:31 AM

Wow cool jeg, I live down in Houston, I do my hunting up at my Grandfathers ranch right outside a little one intersection town called Kosse if you have heard of it? Its to the west of centerville, before that when I was younger I hunted with my dad up in Uvalde

PS A good day for me is seeing a couple of does, and I rarely does anyone take a buck larger than a 6-point which is why im going to be hitting the countrey every weekend for the rest of the season becase old grandpa is swearing to me he has spoted a buck that has to be atleast a 8 or 10 a couple times now on his ranch, I just pray I get a peek at him it would be my first deer worthy of the wall
Old 11-16-2004, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Jluke04

Wow cool jeg, I live down in Houston, I do my hunting up at my Grandfathers ranch right outside a little one intersection town called Kosse if you have heard of it? Its to the west of centerville, before that when I was younger I hunted with my dad up in Uvalde

PS A good day for me is seeing a couple of does, and I rarely does anyone take a buck larger than a 6-point which is why im going to be hitting the countrey every weekend for the rest of the season becase old grandpa is swearing to me he has spoted a buck that has to be atleast a 8 or 10 a couple times now on his ranch, I just pray I get a peek at him it would be my first deer worthy of the wall

It is a great feeling I couldn't quit looking at my first wall hanger, believe it or not it was only last year that I took him, an old deer, he came in limping and I guess he had just lost a little battle because he had patches of fur missing, I would have loved to see what beat him because he was a 12 point with a 17 inch spread he had decent length on his tines and he also had 2 points that were broken or he would have been a 14. I wish you luck on your Grandpa ranch and I will try and get that deer posted as soon as I get my pictures in.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:54 AM

G`Luck to you on your future trips to