Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Remind me again why I shouldn't hate people.

Old 11-13-2004, 11:39 AM

Default Remind me again why I shouldn't hate people.

So I'm sitting in a cottonwood forest at sun up, trying to rattle in a deer. After a couple hours, I decide to try sneaking through the trees looking for one. I see three doe's and a beautiful six point about a quarter mile away in a field. I start after them, and finally get within about 350 yards. 200 more, and I might get a shot with my muzzleloader. Then they freeze and stare towards the gravel road south of them. All of a sudden, they take off in a panic running for the hills. I look and see a black chevy ripping through the field towards them. the deer are obviously not going to wait for this guy, so he pulls around for the road, and takes off east. The deer stop on top of the hill, so I'm hoping they might come running back my way and give me a shot at the buck. Instead, they too run east. About two minutes later, I hear a series of gunshots that made me feel like I were in a war zone. By the time I got to the top of the hill, the truck was gone, the deer were gone, and I was left standing there, shaking my head. Tell me again why we don't have an open season for people like that! Two weeks left, and that was the first legal opportunity I had this fall.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Remind me again why I shouldn't hate people.

I look and see a black chevy ripping through the field towards them.
I don't know why people are like that.

I hate that.

Drive by hunters they give the real hunters a bad name.

Where is the game warden when they are needed?

I am not perfect but I wouldn't do something like that.
Old 11-13-2004, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

i woudl of been mad too.....
Old 11-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Why ,cause they cant help their mother was their fathers sister
Old 11-13-2004, 06:41 PM

I shoot deer from my car but I am disabled and am allowed but I dont do it like what was explained.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Because God said love your niegbor and love your enemy. I don't know if he ever had to deal with road hunters though.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:12 PM

No kidding. I was seriously considering christening his box side with a 200 grain Nosler. And I would say, be blessed on yourself, fellow neihbor, for I have struckith your Chevrolet with the word of Thompson Center!
Old 11-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

My son saw a bad incident and justice was served! He was ice fishing in Maine when a fox ran out on the ice. A couple of jerks on snowmobiles took off after it .Caught up to it kicked it ,ran over it,crippled it then ultimately killed it. My son loves to hunt but has no tolerance for cruelty. He had a cell phone with him and called the local game warden. The guys were still there when he arrived. He already new who they were. After it was all said and done the state of Maine played a nice game of "who's your daddy "with them. Cost them time in jail and big money. He was 15 when this happened.
Old 11-15-2004, 07:57 PM

Read the second part of my signature need I say more
Old 11-16-2004, 06:27 AM

That's another reason why I always carry my cell phone along with me and have MN's TIP # programed right in there. Chances are the CO won't be able to get there in time, but at least the situation would be docuemented at some time. That does suck though. Lazy azz people that don't know how to hunt the right way.