Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tree Lounger Climbing Stand

Old 11-11-2004, 04:29 PM

Default Tree Lounger Climbing Stand

I have finally decided to purchase a tree lounger. However, when i called them they said it would be 10-14 days to receive it. Therefore, I am trying to find one locally. I live in Wisconsin does anybody know of a retailer that carries them?
Thanks
Jon
Old 11-12-2004, 08:02 AM

Default RE: Tree Lounger Climbing Stand

I own one of the old models with the square tubes------make sure you don't buy one with the rounded out back bars!!!!!! I've never had mine slip---but I've heard horror stories about guys falling with the semi rounded ones.........
Old 11-12-2004, 09:14 AM
pch

I just bought one of the new ones, for 199.00. I have tried it in two diferent trees, seems great. The only tree stand I have used other than this new one was a old climber that a friend let me borrow. Very unstable.

PhilH
Old 11-12-2004, 07:40 PM

Man, a lot of complaints about the tree lounge. With this many complaints I have halted my decision. In fact, I have changed my mind. Guess it doesn't seem to be worth it. I am going tomorrow to purchase an API hang on stand and a climbing stick/ I have not used one of these before but people tell me that they are safer and I can still maintain my mobility. Thanks for all of your feedback. I will keep you posted on the hang on in the upcoming days.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:02 AM

Sorry to hear you feel that way about the tree lounge cause it's been the best climber I've ever owned. And the amount of deer I see has increased at least 10 fold!! If I were you I'd at least buy 1 or 2 more sections of stick to get higher up in the tree. The higher you get...the less you get winded...period. Or you might have tried a buddies other kind of climber tree stand to see how you liked it. I'm just trying to make it so you'll see more deer while hunting....and the higher the better---IMO I'll never get rid of the tree lounge I have.....it's just like anything else---you just have to mind your pees and ques and use it the way it's supposed to work. Good luck with your hunting season....
Old 11-13-2004, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

oh , i think youre making a mistake......the treelounger that i use, is the best, i have climbed all different shapes and sizes and i have never had one slip...i'd rethink that....you'll be missing out on an awesome climber..
Old 11-13-2004, 08:34 PM

Thanks for all the useful information. However, i have been pondering this much too long. When I called tree lounge it would take 10-14 days to receive. Therefore, after reading some of your posts I went with a climber, just not a tree lounge. I bought an API Grand Slam Stealth. I will be taking it out tomorrow and will let you know what I think.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:12 PM

Tried my API climber today. It took some getting used to but seems to be pretty nice.