Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I have read of bucks attacking hunters, have you?

Old 11-11-2004, 04:36 PM

Default RE: I have read of bucks attacking hunters, have you?

My uncle was out hunt and shot a buck he waited a wile and then started look for it when he found it it was down on the ground on it's side when he came up to poke it with his gun it poped up and attacked him he droped his gun to grabe the deer antlers (he was on top of it when it jumped up ) he took out his knife and with one hand holding it off and cut it thought with the other ....it scared the sh#t out of him he hold me
Old 11-11-2004, 06:03 PM

These are the reasons why I don't make drag scents before daylight.

Remember the CALL ATT comercial a few years back? Guy got attacked at a pay phone!
Old 11-11-2004, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 1dahunter

Ive seen a video of a guy calling a buck and was attacked by it.

I think I saw the same video. The guy's wife just sat there and videoed it while the deer beat the snot out of her husband. I tried very hard (and failed) not to laugh. Poor guy..

dhunterinla
Old 11-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

I seen a video I think it was the same.

The one I saw the guy had doe estres on him and thats why the deer attacked him.

Never want to put any deer scent on your self.

The deer will attack you if you do.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've been REAL close once. Long story but actually don't know how I wasn't gored. You want to be purdy careful poking around the woods still hunting during peak rut I can tell ya that.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:02 PM

I remember seeing a home video on TV of a man who poured doe estrus on himself and had his wife video tape a rutting buck attack him. It reminds me to be careful not to spill any sent on myself.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

On this one show it showed a six point attack a guy making a hunting video for his buddies. He put this doe sent on him.. and it came out and attacked him.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:11 PM

I wish I could just see a buck in the woods...but to have one attack.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:21 PM

Check this out!
http://therepublic.com/main.asp?From...SubSectionID=1
Old 11-14-2004, 12:46 AM
Spike

Hey all - Just signed up for this, first time poster. My story which makes me wander if I was about to be attacked:

I was about 16 at the time, and was hunting behind my house for the first time ever with a bow. I had bought a used bow off of a co-worker, and shot it only about 10 different times before my first hunt. On opening day of bow season, I went out into the woods with jeans and a green sweatshirt, at about 9 am, put out some Trail's End # 307 and shortly after getting in my stand, noticed a neighbor out for a stroll with her dog in the woods. (needless to say, I was in a stand that was less than 100 yards from homes). Anyway, with the dog running around, I knew I had to move to another stand. I gathered my scent wicks and started walking to another stand. About half way there, I noticed a great big rack moving through the bushes about 60 yards away. I stood and watched as the buck continued away from me, until he got a wiff of the scent, now in my pocket. Well, the buck turned 90 degrees still at about 65 yards away and started slowly walking straight for me. Closer and closer it came until I was shaking like a leaf on a tree, and the buck was about 10 yards from me, directly facing me - the whole time he just casually kept coming toward me. And I was obviously visible to him. I knew I was going to draw back and attempt a shot, but then realized that I left my release in first tree stand. (Never shot without it before). SO, I pulled back with fingers, and arrow twisted right off of the bow and fell off. Buck still about 10 yards, staring right at me, I eased off the bow, set arrow back on, and again pulled back, this time able to keep arrow on rest. I aimed right at his chest, still shaking like a leaf, and released. Buck suddenly turned and ran, and I didn't even know if I hit it or not (though I doubted it). I searched for a while for blood or arrow and could find neither. I was so excited (this was biggest buck I had ever seen) that I promptly started walking back to my house to tell my father. Well, I got about 1/4 mile from my house, when suddenly I jumped a doe. I quickly pulled back on the bow, again without my release, and pulled the broadhead right across my forefinger, slicing it wide open. Eventually, I got home, and told the biggest buckfeaver story I have to date, and wrapped my finger. Anyway, it was the most exhilerating hunting experience I've ever had, and to this day, I wander if that buck was going to attack me or try to "hug" me like a doe!.....

Quick Reply: I have read of bucks attacking hunters, have you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.