Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Homemade Scent Neutalizer

Old 11-23-2004, 07:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Homemade Scent Neutalizer

ORIGINAL: metalback

I tried the reciepe for it from this thread and it DOES work like a champ!!!! No more buying 7 dollar bottles at Walmart!!! Now if we could just get one of these bio-chemist from here to figure out how to impregnate my nasty old blood stained camo coveralls with charcole----I'd save a ton and be one happy camper!!!! The guys from Realtree and Advantage Camo would be **** their drawers if anyone could figure out how to do home made carbon-charcole clothing!!!! Come on you master minds out there.....I know we have a few chemist inventors out there in cyber land!!!...
Charcoal is charcoal same for the barbeque as for the air cleaner systems. Ony difference is it gets mashed up to give a larger surface area for collecting scent molecules from the air. I'd say if you found a scent free hard surface you could lay out your cover alls, spread charcoal briquettes under and on top. Then just stomp them until they are filthy with mashed and ground up charcoal.

May not be pretty but I can't see how it would be any less effective than the store bought stuff. Which I think is a waste of time.

BTW, my area of expertise is heating, ventalation, and air conditioning. Not rocket science but I do have to keep the white shirts happy and smelling "fresh" up in the offices.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:58 AM

Jack,

I disagree with you completely here. I have a pair of Scent Blocker Pants and an X-Scent shirt that is supposed to kill the bacteria that causes BO. In the past years I have worn regular camo coveralls and climbed a tree 20+ and didn't worry about scent. I know you can argue that if you hang stands in different locations and hunt the wind, this can be avoided. But the last 2 years I have been wearing my scent clothes and have been winded 2 times in 2 years. Once I was on the ground and the other I had sweated my ars off that mroning dragging a deer and had no other clothes to put on. While I paid a combined $60 for my clothes on EBAY, I would never pay the $100+ that companies charge for these items. But for the right price and if they fit in your budget (check EBAY) I would HIGHLY recommend Scent Contaminatin clothing. This is just my $.02
Old 11-23-2004, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

So long as you are happy with your purchase, that's all that matters.