Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ATV claims another deer

Old 11-04-2004, 10:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: ATV claims another deer

Its illegal as hell to harass wildlife even on your own property where I live. Call your states attourney office and inquire as to why the police don't do there job in this case.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

I made a call.The local police said trespassing is their job. And the wildlife harrassment is the PGC's job.what I figured.Made a call to the PGC. We will see what happens.The deer is still laying there.Good they said.I was going to pick it up yesterday,but could not get any one to stop and help me get it in the car. It had a broken neck.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like this idea!!!

ORIGINAL: Canadian Bush Wacker

Sneak over with a cordless drill and put a couple of tiny holes in the block of the motors, that should give the deer a much needed break, only 20% of the people use them for what they were made for, the other 80% just wreck it for everyone else, same thing goes for those dam jet ski's
Old 11-04-2004, 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan

I'd imagine a game warden would be rather upset to see that on a video tape.

Old 11-04-2004, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

only 20% of the people use them for what they were made for, the other 80% just wreck it for everyone else, same thing goes for those dam jet ski's

i think you need to check those numbers unless you've got 19% of the 20 up there, i figured 1% was using them in a proper manner and i'm including farmers that don't use theres for anything but farming/ running fences in my figures, and the jet ski's are even worse you can put a person with no mental defects on a jet ski and in less than 10 minutes they'll become a total idiot
Old 11-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have locals that start pushing deer opening morning of gun season with 4 wheelers and shooting them off of the ATVs. Makes me so mad that they trespass and shoot everything they see. We have tried the game warden route before, but like he said, I am trying to cover a lot of territory and have reports of this happening all over. Have to catch them in the act. Plus....they out number us about 3 or 4 to one.....not a fight I want to start during firearm season. They don't trespass on our ground, just all of the ground around it. It bothers me more than my hunting buddies because the idiots usually push deer in our general direction. I just don't like it at all. Getting hot just thinking about it.[:@]
Old 11-04-2004, 11:23 PM

If those A-Holes are close enough to you, keep a wrist rocket and a sack of marbles in your pocket, and popem up side the head, or hell, even a good body shot will do the trick (hurts like hell)..
Old 11-04-2004, 11:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

bow hunting
I like the Texas SSS statutue myself. Shoot. Shovel. Shut up. As for jet-skis, no need for the shovel.

All kidding aside, I say catch'em on film. Take a video camera with you when you hunt. When you see something stupid, get it on tape. If law enforcement can't do anything, turn the video over to wacko bunny-huggin wildlifers, like PETA. Then they can make each other miserable, and leave me and the rest of the sane world alone.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:15 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: m.t.hands
and the jet ski's are even worse you can put a person with no mental defects on a jet ski and in less than 10 minutes they'll become a total idiot
Do you only fish with one pole?

I always have one of those big red and white dare devils tied on to a good heavy rod and 20lb line. You'd be surprise how far those suckers can "accidently" go. Easily reach the legal limit in most states of how close you are allowed to run to an anchored vessle.

Damned unfortunate if a jet skier gets tangled up jumping wakes a little to close to fisherman tossing one of those big rapalas. Get's pretty exciting once you hook one of those suckers though.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:49 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Jack Ryan

I always have one of those big red and white dare devils tied on to a good heavy rod and 20lb line. You'd be surprise how far those suckers can "accidently" go. Easily reach the legal limit in most states of how close you are allowed to run to an anchored vessle.

Damned unfortunate if a jet skier gets tangled up jumping wakes a little to close to fisherman tossing one of those big rapalas. Get's pretty exciting once you hook one of those suckers though.
I've found from experience that if they're close enough to endanger the boat I'm in they're close enough to get an unopened beverage can between the shoulder blades at 40 mph . The "evidence" sinks pretty fast and the thoughtless little bassturd who was on the ski has a devilish time trying to make his case against grown men when the CO arrives .

This happened to me at a local lake(Patoka) once , the kid on the ski was doing about 40 mph in a 5 mph zone near a boat ramp . We were anchored about 300 yards from the ramp fishing some stickups , when the kid came blasting by nearly swamping our boat . We yelled to him to slow down and quit buzzing us , but got the "Chicago Salute" in return . After the third pass-by I grabbed a canned "pop" out of the cooler and drilled him . He actually had the nerve to call the CO on us , but quickly found out that three grown men trump a punk kid on a ski , especially since the CO was actually responding to a nuisance call about "some jerk on a jetski" endangering boaters near the ramp !

Quick Reply: ATV claims another deer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.