Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scent Blocker Clothes

Old 10-29-2004, 11:52 AM

Default Scent Blocker Clothes

Hey Guys,

I have a pair of scent blocker pants. It says to recharge them put them in the dryer for 20-30 minutes. Can you spray scent killer on the outside afterwards or is there a certain kind you are supposed to use. I have seen people on tv spary carbon blast on them but all I have is osme the homemade stuff I made from the recipe on here. Is it safe to spray it on the outside of scent blocker clothes?
Old 10-30-2004, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scent Blocker Clothes

STUMPY, your scent blocker clothing soaks up all odors, so as long as your scent killer spray is odorless, it would probably be fine to use. But, keep in mind, that scent blocker clothing soaks up all odors, so store them in an odor free bag of some sort, and don't put any cover scent wafers or anything like that in with them or on them.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:47 AM

Thanks for your help
Old 11-02-2004, 06:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Stumpy ,
does your dryer achieve temperatures exceeding 1,500 degrees ?
If not , then it isn't "reactivating" anything but your wallet . You can't reactivate carbon at home . At best you'll cause a small amount of the odor causing stuff to vaporize , but then it's just gonna get distributed to a larger percentage of the garment .

Carbon is great for supressing odor , but it doesn't work forever no matter what ScentLok told you . Ask anyone who owns an aquarium , the charcoal they put in their filter is the same thing that's in your hunting clothes , and it most definitely has a limit to what it can adsorb . If it didn't have a limit the charcoal suppliers would quickly go out of business . There have been several threads on ths subject in the recent past , search one out and judge for yourself .
Old 11-23-2004, 07:55 AM
Typical Buck

Your best bet for descenting clothing is to get an old clothes drier you can put in a scent free area like outside.

Put your clothes in and run on cool for a couple hours.