Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

You aren't a "hunter"

Old 11-03-2004, 02:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: You aren't a "hunter"

I'll tell you, ARanger, I feel for you man. I respect what you have given our country. I came out of the Marine Corps 16 years ago, and I too, had all the answers.

See, you see things so clearly now in your youth and exuberance, but the day's going to come when you're going to reflect back on the day you slapped in this "You aren't a hunter" nonsense, and you're just going to blush with shame. At least I hope so, because if you never reach that level of self-awareness you'll really be a sorry individual.

Let me parody your post to try to kind of steer you in the right direction.

(Okay let's see, my last successful hunt was on September 24th. Okay...)

ANYBODY WHO DOESN'T HUNT ON SEPTEMBER 24TH IS A MORON! YOU'RE NOT EVEN A TRUE HUNTER IF YOU STAY OUT OF THE WOODS ON THAT DAY!

(Umm, and I was using a bow that day.)

ANYBODY WHO KILLS AN ANIMAL WITH ANY WEAPON OTHER THAN A BOW IS A MORON! IF YOU HAD SKILLS AT ALL YOU WOULD NOT NEED A RIFLE OR A MUZZLELOADER!

(And, oh yeah, I was wearing Microtex camo that day. And I used a Hoochie Mama cow call.)

ANYBODY WHO DOESN'T WEAR MICROTEX CAMO OR USE A HOOCHIE MAMA COW CALL IS A MORON! I'M GOING TO START A CLASS TO TEACH OTHER PEOPLE TO PUT ON CAMO THE RIGHT WAY AND HOW TO CORRECTLY SQUEEZE A HOOCHIE MAMA COW CALL.

I could go on, but I'll stop for everybody's sake. Do you see my point? We just get inundated on these discussion boards with people drawing some arbitrary line in the sand based on their own unique experience, then calling every one else who doesn't share this experience a moron. Basically, it all rises from a combination of insecurity and testosterone, and we could probably do with less of it in this case.
Old 11-13-2004, 05:46 PM

LOL...this thread was a great read. I haven't laughed like that in a long time...all the way from giving hunting advice and getting the big kill to being "discovered" to be lieing piece of crap AND a poacher...to the made up story of really being a girl writing a paper for school...

I wish there were more threads like this one just for the pure entertainment of it
Old 12-13-2004, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

My, what a tangled web we weave.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

How pathetic. Comes here to talk like a big man about how his way of hunting is best, gets caught in a lie and revealed for the poacher he is, and now tries to cover it up by pretending to be kid in school. And by the way, I have no respect for poachers, even poachers who were in the military. If that isn't a lie too.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:36 PM
Typical Buck

I just wish that "real hunter" ranger dude would BARK more and LOUDER!
Old 12-14-2004, 11:57 AM

Wow, can you say Aranger has some issues. Alright I believe you are SSG Martin and not the Jessica you claim you are. Here is my issue with you. I've been in the army for 12 years now and am very good friends with rangers in all 3 battalions. Any respectable ranger would never disgrace them selves like you have on this board. You've proven to be a liar and a poacher. "Rangers lead the way" not run their mouths. they are considered the quite proffesionals how about trying it out. I see you haven't posted lately is that because your not man enough to fess up to your BS story. And then you give that line of crap that we should all be thankfull that you served our country to help preserve our right to hunt. Look here, your just one of hundreds of thousands who have served the country, your not special. I dont look for hand outs because I serve I do it because thats what I want to do. I'm starting to doubt you where even a ranger the way you have conducted your self on this board grow a spine, grow up, and get a clue!!
Old 12-14-2004, 01:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Guys, Texas has cull tags. Back when I use to hunt the hill country you could apply for a cull tag. You had to tag a freak rack with it. I cant remember the restrictions, it was some thing like spike horns, raked deer with more than two points on one side and one on the other and a spread less than 13" (or something like that, but defenently not an old buck tag). If I remember right, this tag could be used on your third doe or a freak rack buck. It was years ago on mld property. The county I hunted was a one buck county, it is now a two buck county.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:03 AM

In Texas, a Managed Lands Deer Permit (MLDP) Level 3 does allow for the taking of any antlerless and buck deer with extenions on the front and back of the season. This year it was from October 2nd through February 28th. This includes rifle hunting within this period.

Level 3 requirements are pretty rigorous. Not only must the ranch have a Wildlife Management Plan on file with the TP&WD, there must also be at least two years of census info (deer population) and 2 years of harvest data as well. Furthermore, the land owner must identify at least 4 recommended habitat management practices that are currently being used on the land or will be within a three year period. A state wildlife biologist will make an on-site inspection within the three years to confirm adherence to the plan.

I'm not saying that AR is right or wrong in the way he presented his opinions. I am saying that it is possible that if the ranch he hunted was in the MLDP Level 3 program, he would not be breaking the law to rifle hunt as early as October 2nd.

Happy hunting!
Old 12-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

If I were ARanger I would be so embarassed right now. I almost feel sorry for him. I did check his other posts and I seriously doubt this was a paper written by a girl "Jessica" unless she has some extensive knowledge on firearms and prior military experience. A simple apology would have gotten you further than an obvious lie. Just proves the point that the truth will set you free...
Old 12-16-2004, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

I also disagree that sitting and waiting can all be considered no skill.