Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

171 Official B&C Deer Killed ( 19 Pts )

Old 10-26-2004, 02:41 PM

Default RE: 171 Official B&C Deer Killed ( 19 Pts )

ORIGINAL: Stump_MN_Hunter
I think you Texas guys get a little edgey cause a fair amount of the time we are rippin on you guys about hunting high fenced "ranch" deer. But still free ranging right?
I can't speak for the other Texans, or for the people from the other parts of the country, who ridiculed your post, I can only speak for myself. High fence had absolutely nothing to do with my rideculing your post. I ridiculed it because it was childish and reeked of "sour grapes." A guy posts a picture of a deer of a lifetime and rather than say, "Nice deer" you chose to point out that "your" deer are better than his deer.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nah, I wouldn't have taken him. With that puny little straw for mass? No way.

I agree, some of you guys crack me up. I've killed many, but nothing huge, I'd take him any day.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:38 PM

I ridiculed it because it was childish and reeked of "sour grapes." A guy posts a picture of a deer of a lifetime and rather than say, "Nice deer" you chose to point out that "your" deer are better than his deer.
LOL!! Whoa....easy there Fido. Please re-read any posts that I've made where I ridiculed anyone's deer. I just simply said that I prefered the makeup of racked bucks from my region rather than southern deer. I'm not entitled to that opinion? And that's simply what it is....an OPINION. Good god man. Chill out a bit.

Here I'll help you out. This is my first post.....
I was also going to say the same thing a few of you already did...it would nice if he had more mass for me also. I expected to see this big old thick lookin rack and that ones kind of spindly lookin to me. Don't get me wrong, if it's 171...it's 171. But give me an old, nasty, thick and dark lookin rack from up north here anyday.
Now where in there was I ripping on his buck. It's a great buck.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:07 PM

Thanks guys for all the comments... Im not going to get into the mass issue .. thats a 170+ class buck and i would not pass on a deer like that just cause it wasnt full of mass. A deer cant be perfect. We are on a program called MLD where out season starts a month early for managment purposes so the deer was killed with a rifle....270 Abolt i Believe. Im not sure of the entire story of how he was killed , i wasnt up that trip. He was running with another Dark Mahogony horn buck that is estimated at 180+B&C. I know thatmy Grampa had never seen this deer. We think some of his features do come from his age. Hes prolly 6 1/2

Here he is on the Los Cazadores Contest Page

http://www.loscazadores.com/contest/leaderboard.html

Scroll down a bit To Mike Cox.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

NICE NICE BUCK!
Old 10-26-2004, 09:53 PM

Here is a south Texas buck that was killed last week, he's also the buck who is currently winning the los Cazadores deer contest (which fireblade545 provided a link to). This deer has decent mass wouldnt you say?? Actually most south Texas bucks do have very good mass, because most of these bucks are mature (5 1/2-7 1/2+) years old.

Old 10-26-2004, 10:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

both are super deer, both shooters for sure, if i saw either of them anywhere they'ed get shot at
Old 10-27-2004, 01:22 AM
TDH

goooood one
Old 10-27-2004, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its funny cause the guy ( left , one who killed ) is the FFA teacher at my highschool.
Why is that funny? After all, teachers are people too sometimes!
To top it off, he is eliminating a crop eating machine, which fits right in with the curriculum he teaches - FFA (Future Farmers of America).

Good for him! Nice buck!
Old 10-27-2004, 11:40 AM

ORIGINAL: livbucks

Its funny cause the guy ( left , one who killed ) is the FFA teacher at my highschool.
Why is that funny? After all, teachers are people too sometimes!
To top it off, he is eliminating a crop eating machine, which fits right in with the curriculum he teaches - FFA (Future Farmers of America).

Good for him! Nice buck!
HAHA that post made me laught

Quick Reply: 171 Official B&C Deer Killed ( 19 Pts )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.