Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Looking for a hunting mentor

Old 10-19-2004, 07:46 PM

Default Looking for a hunting mentor

I'm a beginning hunter in Raleigh/Garner NC with no family members involved in the sport, and no land on which to hunt.

Would anyone be interested in mentoring a beginning hunter?
I would like to hunt whitetailed deer as well as waterfowl.

I am an excellent shot, have taken Hunter Safety, have a license, and a Remington 700 in .270 and an 870 in 12 gauge.

I'm able to travel up to two from the Raleigh area.

Please let me know if you're interested via PM or email ([email protected] and I'll give you my phone number.

Thanks!

John
Old 10-19-2004, 09:59 PM

Default RE: Looking for a hunting mentor

Hey there
I'm not probably the mentor you're looking for, as I'm in about your same predicament. I did manage to correspond with someone I met at this sight who was moving to my area. I hope that it pans out. I live in NE Ga. (Cumming). I'd be happy to correspond with you if only to compare notes and to encourage you not to give up. It's frustrating, believe me, I know!--Eddie
Old 10-19-2004, 10:10 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Guys, I'd say you are in luck by finding this board. When I started hunting years ago, there was no resource such as this. In the last two years, I have learned more from the other members of this board than I did in all the previous years of hunting. Ask the questions, read other's questions and get out there and hunt.

David.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:08 PM
Fork Horn

WhiteKnight,check out ncdeer.com,a lot of guys on there in your area,if you can't get hooked up locally I'm about 2 hrs s/e of you not too far off of I-40,could probably hook you up on a doe,I'm no expert but willing to share what I know.... IF you're safe and sensable How old are you?
Old 10-20-2004, 04:52 AM

I'm 17 years old, and my 18th birthday is in december.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:50 AM

yeah this board is definately where to be. i considered myself a pretty knowlegable hunter...........boy was i wrong. but i'm getting there thanks to this board
Old 10-20-2004, 07:49 PM

bump.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

my oldest son lives about 45 minutes west of raleigh i can hook you up if your interested he is 24 so your close in age
Old 10-20-2004, 08:48 PM

Thanks! That'd be great. I emailed you my contact info.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:00 PM

whiteknight welcome to the site lot of great people here,,,

as far as someone to hunt with let me tell you this i hunted this past spring with N.C.HUNTER he is a great guy to hunt with and dont let him kid you he is very knowledgeable, and his side kick youngbuck76 is also another,, you would be well advised to hook up with them 2 best of luck to you in your hunting ventures and again welcome

Quick Reply: Looking for a hunting mentor

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.