Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bucks Galor{pics}

Old 10-08-2004, 10:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bucks Galor{pics}

WOW, Am I ever having a ball with this digital camera..

Old 10-08-2004, 10:54 PM

Default RE: Bucks Galory{pics}

Awesome bucks, looks like that area has a high concentration of bucks. Great genetics also

Strut, would you happen to live in the Easton or Koshkonong area of MO?

Keep those pics coming!
Old 10-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the pics
Old 10-09-2004, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah I have a Koskonong address but I live closer to Alton, Why do you ask? Are you fimiliar with the area?
Old 10-09-2004, 07:26 AM

Strut, I have family living in Easton. They drive down to southern parts of MO to hunt.

Great pics, keep em coming!
Old 10-09-2004, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah I live between Alton and West Plains, in Oregon County. Alot of woods, alot of brush and some great deer and turkey hunting.
Old 10-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Strut, those are some awesome pics. How long have you had your cuddeback digital? Are you completely satisfied? About how much are those cameras going for? I own a stealth cam and I have had bad problems with it being really delayed, resulting in the animal to passing out of the picture before it is taken. What about the cuddeback, do you ever have that kind of problem?
Old 10-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bucks Galor{pics}

No The only problem I have had with my Cuddeback is every once in awhile it will take a picture without the flash and all I get is a black blank picture, it has an automatic flash system on it which means it determines whether there is enough light or not to use the flash and I guess it goes haywire or something, I have taken several hundred pictures with it the last couple months and it has done it to me 3 or 4 times, one time there has 1 or 2 pics like that and one time I had about 30 or 40 that was black over a 2 day period. I talked to them and they said to send it in and they would check it out, but I don't want to do without it right now , maybe after season is over I will send it in, if it keeps doing it. Other than that it has been flawless, The battery life is unbelievable, I do wish the flash would pick up a little farther but it s not to bad, about 15 foot is the max for getting a real good picture and being able to tell what you have the best I can tell.

BassPro and Cabela's sell then for around 400, biggameproshop has then for 365 or they did a couple of months ago.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:51 PM

strut... great pics,, ive noticed you post a lot of nice buck pics,, are you doing qdm on you land?? i have been practicing it on our land in southeast central mo for about 5 years seriously,, and to be honest i see more bucks than does. Thanks for sharing,, i cant wait to get my cuddeback,, so i can post some of mine easier,, i dont have a scanner, so its harder to post my pics,, hopefully soon.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Angus, I just have a small farm and my son and I are about the only ones that hunt it and we do try and let the small bucks walk, we have'nt killed a small buck in years, some years we get skunked by doing so, I have a food plot or 2 out and thats about it. But just across the fence the hunting pressure is pretty bad and its a big lease and some of those guys will shoot anything especially if it has a horn, if it was'nt for them doing that we could have some really nice QDM going on here and the bucks would continue to get bigger and better. The only thing that really helps me out is theres about 1200 acres of stuff you just can't hardly get thru that boarders me and once they hit that they are hard to get out.

For instance, last year on first morning I let a nice little 6 point walk right by me, real young deer and a great little rack, about 200 yards after he jumped my fence on to the other property he met his demise, if he had been let go he would have been a real shooter in a couple years. I talked to the ones that killed him later and they said he had a 14" inside spread.

Quick Reply: Bucks Galor{pics}

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.