Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

sierra gamekings for deer?

Old 10-01-2004, 07:01 AM

Default RE: sierra gamekings for deer?

ORIGINAL: HighDesertWolf

Every gameking I ever shot at a deer I never was able to recover a bullet, Frankly I never really cared too. every deer i shot never had run further then 40 yards and they were all dead with one shot. DEAD IS DEAD no matter how you put it. If you are judging a bullets expansion by the entrance and exit wound on a deer. Im sorry to say that is highly ignorant and is an entirely inaccurate way to judge a bullets expansion capabilities. I have a feeling you are just passing on some He said she said BS, that you over heard your alcoholic Hill Billy uncle say.

Desert Wolf

Dont be so damn ignorant on this board, first of all i dont shoot deer in the shoulder i put it behind the shoulder or a neck, Let me explain something ill shoot a deer behind the shoulder hang it up and skin it out and gut it and show you the entrance hole and exit hole and the insides, so no you dont have to go dig a bullett out of the tree. I dont like the bullett so dont try to give me any of your crap, you want to shoot a real bullett shoot the Hornady innerbond
Old 10-01-2004, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont like the bullett so dont try to give me any of your crap,
Jeez that struck a nerve, are you the Alcoholic Hill billy uncle?? an entrance and exit hole really is not a good way to determine how a bullet expands. On a trophy buck I will shoot them square in the shoulder puts them on the ground quicker. yea it destroys meat but buck meat isnt the greatest and ill usually have the whole thing turned into summer sausage anyway.

I give you that the hornady Interbond is good bullet, I would probably use them too just I dont see the point in shooting a deer with that expensive of a bullet my game kings are 16 dollars per 100 the interbonds are over 30 dollars per 100. Remington core lokts do great on a deer too but they just dont shoot as good from my rifle as the sierra BTHP gamekings do.

The only time I feel it is neccisary to spend alot of money on bullets is when you step up to larger game like elk for elk I use my 30-06 loaded with speer 180 gr trophy bonded bear claws. Im not trying to preach to you about the gamekings I really dont care if you like them or not, I happen to like them and I was just voicing my opinion, I will be the first one to tell you I can be an A$$. Sorry if I pissed ya off
Old 10-01-2004, 07:41 AM

if you can get the Hornady Inner Bond 100 for 30$ i need that phone # because they are 24$ for 20 here in Ga.