Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Terlet

Old 09-22-2004, 07:56 PM

Default Terlet

Hey Y'all;

We're trying to spruce up the ol' hunting camp this year. One addition we'd like to make is a Terlet of some sort. We feel we are too old to be leaning on trees grunting, not until we are actually hunting anyhow. <G> Our "camp" is an old camper that has a bathroom, but it is EXTREMELY small and we're pretty big guys so it's a tad uncomforable, AND there is then the problem of dumping the tank which would be pretty difficult since we have the camper skirted and up on blocks. So we can't tow it anyplace to dump. And we don't want to dig a septic either. Also an issue is no running water, just what we have in jugs.

I'm sure some of us in here have primitive camps, how do you all handle the "call"??
Old 09-22-2004, 08:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Terlet

Like a wild bear..................
Old 09-22-2004, 08:43 PM

Mount a toilet seat on a bucket and dig a hole for the contents. Just an idea[:'(]
Old 09-22-2004, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

i saw some people in a camping area kind of a semi permenent camp. they would dig holes put in 55 gallon drums with holes in them and fill around with gravel and run the pipe from the terlet and cover with dirt
Old 09-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your camp must be different than ours by the time camp coffee and my daily oatmeal hit the gut I need little teeth pressure to relieve the "Call"

Our elk camp has an outhouse, deer camp has a real toilet but moose camp is a tarp and few well placed logs. For me the call usually hits about 1/2 mile from the well placed logs so I just find the most suitable fallen tree and bark it out!

I suggest you make yourself an outhouse, at the end of season pour in some lye mixed with water and it should be good for years.
PS dig a 4 foot hole to start!
Old 09-23-2004, 02:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Whats wrong with a old fashion outhouse???????
Old 09-23-2004, 04:52 AM
Dominant Buck

I can't believe that you didn't PM Davidmil on this one !
Old 09-23-2004, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

We also do the bear-in-the-woods thing.

But, when I was in Viet Nam on a firebase, we used modified outhouses. They had a back door to slide a cut-off 55 gallon drum under the seat that had about 4" of diesel fuel in it. NO SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every now and then we would pull out the barrel and toss in some paper to start it burning and everything would burn up; occaisionally would stir it with a long fence post while it was burning.

Surely some of you other Viet Nam vets must remember this wonderful job?

Did I mention NO SMOKING??????????????????

Bruce
Old 09-23-2004, 07:08 AM

Outhouse- and make it a two-holer! Then you can swap strategies and stories while taking care of things. My grandfather constructed a two-holer before they had indoor plumbing in their cabin. Once they became modern with running water the twin seats became a window in my scrap-built treehouse.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

here is my huntin camp

No running water, no heat, outside dont look like much but the inside is very nice! In the hills of bracken county kentucky!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.