Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My son spotted a doe!!

Old 09-13-2004, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My son spotted a doe!!

My 8yr old son and i were out scouting my uncles new piece of property and then do some plinking with our 22' rifles and while scouting he stopped and whispered..................dad there is a doe looking right at us laying there in that brush pile. I got to looking and couldnt see anything, he said she is right there! So i through a acorn into the brush pile and she stood up just looking at us, it was crazy. I dont know how he seen that deer, i guess his eyes are better than mine and i am only 25-boy i am getting old compared to him!
Old 09-13-2004, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My son spotted a doe!!

i was the same way when i was younger. i spotted a doe 2 different times my dad had not seen while we were shotgun hunting.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:16 AM

That's awesome Turkey Fan. You've got a natural on your hands.

I try to take my 2 year old out in a backpack and every time I point out an animal to him he yells really loud DEER or TURKEY GOOBLE GOOBLE. I can't wait until he's old enough to hunt. It won't be long now for you. Just a couple of years until he'll be old enough to hunt with dad
Old 09-14-2004, 07:27 PM

I took the wife out last season and she spotted a doe that I could not see til it moved. I was known as a "big hunter' then...is this why we leave the girls home...lol[:@]
Old 09-14-2004, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd say the boy has a good game eye. He'll probably be very successful with his hunting adventures in the future. Give him a pat on the back for me.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:33 AM

That is great adams. My 15 month son points at the deer on the wall every evening and grunts. I think his next words will be "DEER" he gets excited and points to them when we watch hunting tapes also. hope it's in his blood. Can't wait until he is ready to go sit in the buddy-stand with dad.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

that is awesome....
Old 09-15-2004, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea i am so proud of him............he is a pretty good shot with a 22 hand gun too........i wouldnt want him shooting at me put it that way!
Old 09-16-2004, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

That ROCKS! I had my boy out scouting a month or so ago and we were putting the stalk on a doe feeding in a field. We stopped to glass her and 3 turkeys walked out 5 feet away from him! He was like 15 yards in front of me peeking over a ridge! I swear the turkeys didn't even see him. They stood around him and were feeding and sort of walked off! That 8 year old boy was GLOWING! Needless to say I felt pretty good as well!
Old 09-17-2004, 10:05 AM

Thats awsome turkey fan. I have a 4 year old step daughter who scince she was almost 2 (thats when I met her mother) has been around me while butchering I even took her scouting a couple times. Her favorite food is deer steak and her mom took her to the zoo not to long ago and when she seen the deer she said YUM. I laughed my but off when she came home and told me.