Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

is it me or am i a wimp

Old 09-06-2004, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: is it me or am i a wimp

ORIGINAL: livbucks

Remember that trees get skinnier as they go up. Adjust your seat and floor so they are on an upward angle. As you go up they level off some, but should still be slightly angled up, even at your chosen height.
Very good, I forgot to add that!! And If you get up in where you want to be and find that you are tilting too much, climb back down and adjust, dont sit there all day in a treestand that leaning too far forward or backward, and Never try to adjust it up in the air!
Old 09-06-2004, 08:17 PM

deerhunter1224,it is much better to take your time,remember your safty comes first.if it takes longer,so be it . take your time and do it right,no need to rush
Old 09-07-2004, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

do some sit ups and push ups. this helps out alot during the season..........YA WIMP!
Old 09-07-2004, 01:22 PM

You're not a whimp. You just may not be in great shape. I personally don't find climbing with a climber to be too difficult, but then I'm in good shape.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

One thing nobody has bothered to mention. ALWAYS USE A SAFETY HARNESS. Don't get one of the safety belts, they can kill you or at the least put you in a world of hurt. Beyond that practice makes it easier.