Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Poaching problems?

Old 08-24-2004, 10:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Poaching problems?

ORIGINAL: ir655

That just sickens me to my guts! I have seen some poachers and heard them at night before, my 12 GA and a few rounds of slugs usually scare them off. I don't give a damn about these kind of people, I try to blow their car up if I see them poaching!

my 2 cents...
Switch to cheap shotshells , the effect is the same and you won't have to waste perfectly good slugs .
Old 08-24-2004, 10:25 AM

Switch to cheap shotshells
lol. i had a guy poaching on my fathers land one night. i got my videotape out and taped them tearing threw the woods on four wheelers with over 5 deer on the back. they weren't whereing helments and the cops got them the next day. they had to pay us $1000 for every deer and they got an additonal $10,000 fine, got there 2 4 wheelers taken away. there guns taken away. and i think a couple of other things so they got theres!

however shooting at these guys can bring charges against you!!! take a picture and call it in
Old 08-24-2004, 11:23 AM

One night me and a few other guys were out shining with a spotlight, we were riding on scooters, Honda elite etc. well, we went pass this one guys house and saw a few does, then we pulled over to rest for a minute. Here came the guy on his atv, he thought it was funny seeing us on them scooters lol, but anyways he said some guys were shooting a few nights before right at his house and he was just making sure we didnt have any guns. WE DIDNT. Then we told him there are 3 Monster bucks right around his house. As soon as he left, we shined our light down the bank where we were at, and there they were! the 3 Monster bucks we told him about were about 100 feet away from us! we watched them for about 10 minutes then they ran off and we left. ITS LEGAL TO USE A SPOTLIGHT HERE AS LONG AS YOU DONT HAVE A GUN WITH YOU. The bad thing about it, those 3 bucks might not make it through the year.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:53 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: kevin1

ORIGINAL: ir655

That just sickens me to my guts! I have seen some poachers and heard them at night before, my 12 GA and a few rounds of slugs usually scare them off. I don't give a damn about these kind of people, I try to blow their car up if I see them poaching!

my 2 cents...
Switch to cheap shotshells , the effect is the same and you won't have to waste perfectly good slugs .

Yeah, I would, but my shotgun has a rifled barrel...so.....

Plus, I don't think they will stay around to see who's shooting at them and then have to explain to the police that they were poaching and then someone fired at them...as far as I know, they could have been aiming towards me
Old 08-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

high power rifle to the engine compartment will usually slow them down till the cops get there
Old 08-25-2004, 02:01 PM

ORIGINAL: RustyOlRanger4x4

high power rifle to the engine compartment will usually slow them down till the cops get there
True, I was thinking I might have better chances of hitting something vital with a 1 oz slug, like a tire or something. As long as there is damage, they might think about it twice before they decide to do something that stupid.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally If I did catch someone on MY property Poaching Id put a few rounds into the engine compartment your bound to stop the engine and from there the cops can catch them either in person or by running the tags and since there on your property and breaking the law You probably couldent get in much trouble
Old 08-25-2004, 10:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Come on now, let's hold our horses here.

Actually shooting at people or their vehicles?

That's crazy talk. I imagine (know) you'd certainly find yourself in some serious trouble.

Probobly felony trouble.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 08-26-2004, 11:36 AM

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

Come on now, let's hold our horses here.

Actually shooting at people or their vehicles?

That's crazy talk. I imagine (know) you'd certainly find yourself in some serious trouble.

Probobly felony trouble.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Hey Uncle Matt, first off NO. I have not personally done it, but I think to hold someone at gun-point while the sheriff comes would work. I wouldn't do this alone though because they are armed as well. Next thing to do it if you see them shoot something you could just pick the animal up and sit and wait for them to come back for it, then you let them look into your 12 GA barrel....?
Old 08-26-2004, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

What bothers me is lately here in WI kids 19 to 21 have been out shooting deer, turkeys, cranes, pheasants, coons and anything else that moves. They are doing it for the "Thrill". What is going to happen when that "Thrill" is gone. Will they next get the "Thrill" from shooting at houses? Maybe people? What is the matter with these guys?

Another thing they do is give us hunters a bad name. Because the media calls them hunters. So that is what the general public hears about hunters.

The whole thing makes me sick.[:'(]

Quick Reply: Poaching problems?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.