Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

poaching

Old 08-13-2004, 09:53 AM

Default RE: poaching

And i bet almost half the ppl on this board knows at least 1 person that kills out of season, lets start conversations about them too, its only fair.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

You brought it up and said
what do you have to say about that???
Now you know.lol.

BTW, I don't know anyone that kills out of season.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

in todays society that man should go to jail along with the conservation officer .with all the programs for feeding people and other help not reason
to go hungry and i don't know any poachers either
Old 08-13-2004, 10:26 AM

I've got to say that it is very wrong too. Hunting may one day not be allowed because of things like that. That is all the ammo the Anti's need to take away our rights. There are other "legal" ways to feed your family.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:28 AM

ok, they should go to jail, thats that. done.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:34 AM

Poaching is poaching. It's illeagal no matter how you look at it. What if the guy was to rob a bank so he could feed his family. He's going to jail, Right. So in my opinion it's all the same. Turn him in and the CO. Enough said!
Old 08-13-2004, 10:55 AM

BTW, I don't know anyone that kills out of season.
I'll second that! Well, except for your cousin.

Every year the Maine Sportsman publishes the shameful list of those who were charged and convicted for game violations. You poach, you get caught, you get published! What a great deterant
Old 08-13-2004, 11:16 AM

Yup I have known people that have hunted out of season and yes I turned them in and will do it again with anyone I hear or know about doing that, just that simple. The way I look at it they are stealing from me.
Adams that sounds like a good deal, I'm going to pass it on to the local warden and send a letter to the state Fish & Wildlife dept. and see if they can do the same kind of list of shame here.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:37 AM

Eric dont get mad about the replys to this post.I mean that is a sore subject to us law abiding hunters.I see from your posts that you know it is wrong and that is what is important,learning from others mistakes.

As for turning him in yes it is for us easy to post words like that but I can see your point about turning your cousin in.It is a shame but seems like in this state when someone tries to do the right thing and get involved by turning in law breakers of any kind you subject yourself to countless court visits where the Ahole does not show up,you have to take off work 6 times,the guy now knows your name and address because the court demands you state it for the record in front of him.Then when its all over some idiot judge fines him $100 and all is well.Probably cost $50,000 to try the case.

I personally tried to turn a poacher in here in Maryland that took a deer in a state park closed to hunting and had the gall to enter it in the big bucks contest.The deer was shot during shotgun season so he was able to check it in and get a tag.Well it turned into a nightmare for me and I refused to help anymore.They threatned to put me in jail......
Old 08-13-2004, 11:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with rack 100%.

Quick Reply: poaching

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.