Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Peanut Butter

Old 08-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Peanut Butter

All I attracted with peanut butter was fireants.........
Old 08-05-2004, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

After two weeks, I only got 5 pics on my stealth cam on a good trail. Tonight I baited it with vanilla and peanut butter. I took sticks and put a gob of PButter on them and stuck em in the ground, kinda like PButter pungy sticks so to speak. We'll see if it works.
Old 08-06-2004, 06:48 AM

Let us know if it works good. Then I will use it this year.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:32 PM

i've even put out peanut butter fudge that didnt turn out right, it was gone within a day or so, and nasty deer poo all around my pile
Old 08-08-2004, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have to agree with Timber,all I got was fat ants.BUT we hunt in the South,maybe up North it'll work.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

After two weeks, I only got 5 pics on my stealth cam on a good trail. Tonight I baited it with vanilla and peanut butter. I took sticks and put a gob of PButter on them and stuck em in the ground, kinda like PButter pungy sticks so to speak. We'll see if it works.
I checked my cam and only got one pic with the PButter in two days. The sticks were licked clean. I don't know how the (animal) did it . Must be a quick licker. The sticks were still in the ground, not pulled over so I wouldn't think it was a coon or anything. I'm having a hell of a time getting my cam to fill up. Maybe it is just the time of year, deer not traveling much and so on.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:32 AM
cap

Do you check the deer droppings for chunks, so you know if they like chunky or smooth peanut butter? You would think after hunting for 35 years I would know this.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

I tried it as several friends swore by using peanut butter. Never worked for me.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:34 PM

I cut the bottom of a tub of peanut butter and fastened the lid to a tree about waist high then screwed the tub back on the lid. It certainly brought deer to my area! It also attracts all other critters as well though! I have since quit setting it out because it would get gone in one night!!
Old 08-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Carwi

I cut the bottom of a tub of peanut butter and fastened the lid to a tree about waist high then screwed the tub back on the lid. It certainly brought deer to my area! It also attracts all other critters as well though! I have since quit setting it out because it would get gone in one night!!
Yep,
thats what I've been told by my friend and mentioned earlier when I said....
ORIGINAL: 8mm/06

A buddy used to take a small plastic jar of chunky peanut butter, remove the lid and put a screw with a large washer through the underside of the lid and into a tree about 2 1/2 ' off the ground. Then he'd remove the foil seal, screw the jar onto the lid on the tree......and cut the bottom of the jar off............he swore that within a couple days the jar would be empty and spotlessly clean!
I'm not so sure he hasn't lost at least half of his peanut butter to the squirrels!

Quick Reply: Peanut Butter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.