Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE THINGS IN THE WOODS, I.E SMELL, SIGHTS,SOUNDS??

Old 07-29-2004, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE THINGS IN THE WOODS, I.E SMELL, SIGHTS,SOUNDS??

There are so many things i love when i am hunting:
The cackle of a rooster on a frosty morning.
The smell of sweet honey suckle during turkey season
The sound of geese that fly over head while your in your stand in the morning when the sun comes up.
The sight of a bird dog on a hot trail of a upland game bird.
These are just a few, i have so many. How about everyone else, what are your favorites?
Old 07-29-2004, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE THINGS IN THE WOODS, I.E SMELL, SIGHTS,SOUNDS??

Good Topic TF....
First off, the distant sound of chainsaws always reminds me it's Autumn.
I love watching the sky turn from black to dark purple and finally to blue while sitting high above the forest floor during deer season.
The smell of wood stoves during those frosty mornings.
Tranquility fades as the entire woods come alive with animal activity as soon as dawn appears.

----For those folks we know that never experience any of these things, what a loss------
Old 07-29-2004, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE THINGS IN THE WOODS, I.E SMELL, SIGHTS,SOUNDS??

sunrise
Old 07-29-2004, 05:18 PM

My favorite thing is when you are sitting in the stand right before the sun comes up and everything is still and quiet.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

CMON GUYS, you guys have better ones than just the typical ones
Old 07-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are alot of things that get me excited out in the woods but the best is hearing that first morning gobble in the spring!!
Old 07-29-2004, 07:37 PM

My favorite thing is the November smell of musty leaves after they've been on the ground for a week or two. Does anybody know what I'm talking about? There's no smell like that in the world.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:41 PM

When you get out of the truck at 5 am and take that first breath of mountain air, how the cold bites back at you, that is the best. The air is so crisp and clean. I can't wait for september!
Old 07-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love it when it snows while out in the woods.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

1st the type woods i love(but dont get to hunt) I love when its almost nothing but oak trees and its nice and open not alot of brush or anything just nice open woods where you can walk with out having to cut a trail and you can see for several hundred feet all around and hear other animals walking and see squirrels(unfortunatly all the land i hunt is pine trees full of brush) and i love to see squirrels hopping from tree to tree and and sort of animals moving i get really bored sitting with nothing happening but i love it when i see some sort of animal to watch and think about and i love it when its sunny but cold(50*-low60* maby even 40`s) Ive layed down before on the leaves with my bag under my head in that sort of woods and weather and had some of the best sleep of my life and it dont get no better then that

Quick Reply: WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE THINGS IN THE WOODS, I.E SMELL, SIGHTS,SOUNDS??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.