Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you launder your hunting clothes?

Old 07-28-2004, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How do you launder your hunting clothes?

I use the sport soap, if it's warm enough out I'll line dry if not they go in the drier with the earth scented drier sheets. after that I'll have some dirt, leaves and twigs from the area I hunt. The clothes and my boots get put in the bag with the dirt, etc.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:18 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: louddrummer69

Well I use Hunters Specialties laundery detergent and I try to dry my clothes outside but if it is too cold I use some earth scented dryer sheetsand throw it in the dryer. After all my clothes are finished drying I put my clothes in a scentloc bag and put leaves and earth in their with the clothes. I drive to my spot where I'm hunting and put on my clothes. It isn't too fun when its cold and wet outside. I then use a scent away spray scent remover. I also use elimitrax to cover my boots and legs. It works real well.
Same for me , but I don't use Elimitrax .
I soak mine in Sportwash and rinse . The Army MOPP suits I use don't take well to a washer [&:] . Our water isn't chlorinated , so there's no "bleach" smell to worry about . The clothing is then sprayed with an earth scented scent eliminator before being hung to air dry . Then they go into the Scentsafe bag with some Fresh Earth discs until needed . I also dress alfresco , never at home .
Old 07-28-2004, 07:50 PM

i just use hunter detergent. since i have well water i dont have to worry about chlorine. use earth cover scent
Old 07-28-2004, 08:58 PM

Wash clothes inside out to save the camo. hunters specialties always.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Gain
Old 07-29-2004, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tazman

First I run the washer empty with baking soda, then I do my them in plain water and then do them again in baking soda and hang them outside.
DITTO!
Old 07-29-2004, 09:44 AM

bakin soda
Old 07-30-2004, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

NEVER HAVE. I WEAR REGULAR CLOTHES UNDERNEATH SO ANYTHING THAT GETS ON THE OUTSIDE FROM BEING IN THE WOODS IS NATURAL ANYWAY
Old 07-30-2004, 06:39 PM

Hunter Speciliaties laundry detergent work real well for washing.But allways run the washer through a cycle with only water first before you wash your clothes this way it removes any soap from the previous washing done before. same for the dryer run it through a cycle of 10-15min with scent pad.Also another tool to have is scent free bag.Which will help keep any scent off your clothes.Another thing to do is when you harvest an animal take off hunting clothes before touching the animal.This way if any blood or foreign object gets on you from the animal it want get on clothes
Old 08-02-2004, 08:41 AM

I run a full cycle in the wash machine with scent free soap in it to clean the machine out first. Then I turn all my camo stuff inside out, it's suppose to help a little to keep things from fading.Run it all through a full cycle with scent free soap. I line dry everything. While the stuff is still wet on the line I spray it with scent eliminating spray. By doing this it really works the spray into the material as it drys. All the clothes are then stored in plastic bags in large rubber tote boxes.

Quick Reply: How do you launder your hunting clothes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.