Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I think I'm going to be sick....

Old 07-19-2004, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I think I'm going to be sick....

seems extremely unethical-more like picking out a lobster from the lobster tank.

at the same time, i agree the feds should have better things to do with their time...
Old 07-19-2004, 10:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

some hunters just.......suck!!!!!!!!!![:@](sorry if that affends anyone[&:])
Old 07-20-2004, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

The guys that go to these places obviously aren't hardcore hunters. They are guys with the means to pay big money to shoot an animal owned by another guy. Like I said, it's like shooting somebody's cow or pig. They may be in a big pen, but the "game" animals in these places are just livestock. Shooting livestock is not hunting.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:22 AM

wonder if they got an opening this year
Old 07-20-2004, 10:54 AM

Some people are just panzis and dont want to go out and hunt, but still want the rack, legal or ethical or not, I don't know, but this I do know, it is not hunting.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:44 PM

This place is not what most high fenced ranches are about. This place really crossed the line and did several unethical acts. This is the first time that I've heard about people tranqulizing deer then releashing them so another guy can shoot it. This place should not be compared to other high fenced ranches that run ethical, fair chase hunts. I hope all involved in this case get what they deserve.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

This place should not be compared to other high fenced ranches that run ethical, fair chase hunts. I hope all involved in this case get what they deserve.
According to Boone & Crockett and Pope & Young high fence hunts are not fair chase. I have no problem with folks who want to hunt these high fence operations as long as the deer semi stands a chance, but when they are penned & or drugged for the shooter it is wrong.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Carpmaster

some hunters just.......suck!!!!!!!!!![:@](sorry if that affends anyone[&:])
These are not hunters and I don't believe they should be referred to as such. Calling them hunters gives us all a bad name.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:07 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: UncleNorby

Hold your horses a bit. I don't know the particulars of IN law, but with a high fence situation, the critters inside the fence are basically livestock in the eyes of the law in many states. That means you can legally do whatever you want with them, they are your property. Shooting your cow is not hunting, charging money to let someone else shoot your cow is not selling a hunt.

I have heard a bit about this Bellar guy, and the way I understood it, the hunt was not purchased. It was the stay at his facility, with the opportunity to go "hunting" if you wanted to. We all know that the reality is that folks were basically paying to hunt, but what Bellar was doing may be legal.

I don't condone any high fence operation. Don't believe everything you read in the paper.
Speaking as someone who lives here and knows a little more , what happened there was not only embarrasing to the citizens of Indiana but also highly illegal . The preserve in question was licensed as a breeding facility , not a "pick and shoot" . Game was imported for hunts illegally , illegal weapons were used , and some of the "customers" weren't even licensed to hunt here . Here the PASs still have to follow all applicable game laws , and most don't , all they care about is money . This particularly egregious example is nothing new to that scummy industry , and the primary reason why they are banned in many states . Lacey Act violations are extremely serious , and not something that USFWS tosses about lightly .
Old 07-21-2004, 08:20 AM

Taz would you hunt a bigfoot behind a fence

Quick Reply: I think I'm going to be sick....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.