Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tiny Bodied Buck

Old 07-06-2004, 12:37 PM

Default RE: Tiny Bodied Buck

midget deer eat good to[&:]
Old 07-07-2004, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

yea he is small bodied for sure. However like someone said on this post is that small deer carry big racks that is for sure. He could be a great buck one day
Old 07-08-2004, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I studied the photo for about two minutes and conclude that the bigger deer is actually behind the smaller deer, so it couldn't be the camera angle. I think that the small one is a young deer with very good genes and has the potential to be a true trophy class buck if allowed to live 3 more years or so. The bigger deer is a much older buck, look at his belly line and the pronounced brisket. Just goes to show you that each deer is unique. The smaller deer does not have much of a brisket yet and the space between his front legs is very narrow. He is probably only going on a year and a half old. Or they could both be tiny, look at the gigantic legs in the left of the photo, (hehe).
Old 07-08-2004, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just goes to show you that the saying of "BIG FEET=BIG..........SHOES"
doesn't always hold water. Sometimes small guys need big "shoes".
Old 07-08-2004, 09:51 AM

That look small for a Wisconsin deer judging by the battle gear. I'd shoot him and have him aged[:-]
Old 07-08-2004, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why would you kill him now just to know his age? I'd say let him go and wait a few years. He's showing great potential for antler size at a young age. He could be the next record (an opinion).
Old 07-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice looking little buck. I'd give him a couple years.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:45 PM

Why would you kill him now just to know his age?
I'm just kidding, thus the [:-] guy looking suspicious.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

He's definitely smaller, but I doubt it's as much as the picture leads you to believe. Look at the ground...theres a significant slope...probably at least 1 foot difference from the front legs of the bigger buck to where the smaller buck is standing. If the ground was totally flat you'd probably get a better idea of his size. Either way, he's definitely got some potential....and hey, if you choose to take him, at least it will be an easy drag
Old 07-10-2004, 07:26 AM

If the next guy in your hunting area isnt going to shoot him i would let him grow a few years he looks like he could be a giant someday.
Good luck

Quick Reply: Tiny Bodied Buck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.