Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stand Question

Old 04-26-2004, 01:23 PM

Default Stand Question

Hello. I posted this in the bowhunting forum too but wanted to ask here as well. Two questions I hope somebody might be able to answer. First, does anyone have any experience with a 12 foot tall Hunter's View Buddy Stand? The local discount store is selling them at 78 bucks a pop before tax. They look roomy and sturdy enough.

Second, the store employee said you can remove the front half of an oval bar that runs around the top for bowhunting. He said a bowhunter told him that's what he was going to do. I also saw this suggested on another retailer's web site but not the company web site. Does anyone know how safe that would be - structurally, I mean, top remove it. I know if I fall out that's my own fault.

Thanks for any and all help that can be offered. I bought one because they only have a few left but have 30 days to return it.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Stand Question

I am not familiar with this particular stand, but it would seem to me that if this bar IS NOT part of the support structure, then it will be OK to remove it for bow hunting.
I have become a firm believer in safety harnesses though, with or without the use of guard/shooting rails!
Old 04-26-2004, 01:47 PM

Default RE: Stand Question

Thanks. I will use a harness, especially as the front will be wide open.