Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Summer Job

Old 04-17-2004, 08:23 PM

Default Summer Job

Hey i will be turning 16 this june and i would like to get my 1st job this summer. does anyone know of any way i could make money doing something related to hunting without any experience thanks for any help
Old 04-17-2004, 09:31 PM

Default RE: Summer Job

Buckfever-
You could take any minimum wage job and it would be related to hunting. You could be hunting for money! LOL
Sorry I couldn't reply with any constructive ideas. [&:]
Old 04-17-2004, 11:05 PM

Go out to your local golf course (muni or private), caddy or work for the grounds keeper. My first job was a caddy, I made good money, did two loops (18 holes) a day and learned the game of golf. On the side, hunting for the rich guys golf ball in the woods helps to train your eye to follow the ball. You have to learn the game though. What club hits what yardage. It's good for estimating distances. Being a caddy is harder than you think you pretty much have to be a servant to the guy you're carrying the clubs for. Learn the game, be constuctive, learn the course and all the yardages learn the greens and types of grass and which direction the grass grows. Know your golfer, is he a duffer or a scratch player, If your information is on the mark you will be requested for and tips can be big. Think ahead of the game. Believe in yourself in whatever you do, You'll have somewthing to fall back on. And most of all " you don't have to like it you just have to do it!" You will succeed!
Old 04-18-2004, 01:03 AM
Typical Buck

Try to get a job on a farm. Livestock, poultry, or agriculture. This will allow you to work outdoors and the guys you'll meet will be landowners. Get my drift? Don't approach them with an attitude of what they can do for you, but if you make a good impression on them they will be able to grant you permission to hunt some nice land. The farmers usually want deer, turkeys, and hogs removed from their land because they cost them money. Also, you may get to hunt with some other guys that can expose you to the hunting industry. Good luck. I think being a 16yr old looking for a job speaks good things about your character, so making a good impression probably won't be a problem.
Old 04-18-2004, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

You might try a sporting goods shop.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

I think Gobbling Buck has a pretty darn good idea there. Heck...I may quit my job now Actually, that doesn't ound like a bad idea at times. Thats a different story though!
Old 04-19-2004, 08:13 PM

Gobbling Buck I actucally did that one year and the farmer let me hunt his land. Got a big doe off of that.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

My favorite summer job going through college was landscaping. Always out side, always doing something different. We did only new houses and man did I find out there are some people with just to much money!! Then again, the hot young rich teenagers hanging out by the pool while we worked wasn't all that bad either.

--Bob
Old 04-20-2004, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

as far as a summer job goes I would stay away from working directly with my favorite hobbies. At your age I made great money mowing lawns and landscaping and had lots of time to hunt and fish, which was awesome. Just my 2 cents. Also doing that kind of work made connections for me for new hunting and fishing spots.