Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dogs Chasing Deer

Old 04-15-2004, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Dogs Chasing Deer

Living out in the country where there are no near neighbors kinda defines pet from stray. My place looks like the perfect place for folks to drop no longer wanted pets out. I hate to have to do somebodies elses dirty work for them and would rather see the people punished that haul off dogs and cats that they only thought they wanted. As far as someones hunting dog coming on my place . .there are tiimes when it is unavoidable and I don't let that bother me much. Many times it is avoidable and the animals are purposfully put over my fence. A person that has dealt with this issue for years and knows all the players involved pretty well has a trained eye for whats going on when a dog or cat is molesting his land. Then again some hunter may have lost his hound on a hunt 30 miles away from where he is now on my land. Thats no problenm either cause he will likley have a collar on with his info so that he can be contacted and can come get his dog that I will have shut up on my place.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:06 PM

I know what the post is about, If you put a collar on your dog and set it out, and it comes near my cows or my geese or your deer and or elk and I see it.... ? If the collar has an address on it.. it will find it's way home.

As far as "YOTES" and wolves, they are dogs as far as I'm concerned.

In regards to the Wolf problem, there wouldn't be a problem one if it weren't some bleeding hearts whining their way into getting the wolf re-introduced in an area where they don't live and try to make a living. There is a solution to the wolf problem, same one as the dog problem. If you can't control your dog in your backyard how do you expect us to control it in ours? I didn't beg for the wolf or your dog to be loose around my stock. As I said before, put em in your own back yard and pay for em with your own money. I'm getting tired of people who come here and tells us HOW WE SHOULD DO THINGS.
As the saying goes "Welcome to Wyoming: we don't give a damn how you do it back home". And on a happy note you are welcome to visit anytime, enjoy the great out doors, hunt, and fish.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:13 PM

ORIGINAL: zak123

If it's chasing deer for the first time then I'll let it pass. If it chases it non-stop then it gets a bullet. I will also shoot any dog that tries to attack me.
I like ya zak - but close the door [8D]
Old 04-15-2004, 11:21 PM

Implying indescriminate shooting of dogs roaming free or shooting dogs chasing wildlife indiscriminately?
Old 04-15-2004, 11:22 PM

[:'(]