Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Updat,, big ontario buck!

Old 03-07-2004, 05:43 PM

Default Updat,, big ontario buck!

Anyone remember the big buck killed after legal hours in Ontario... Well I just pulled this off an Ontario MNR website... and thanks to the dnr down south for helping out..

March 5, 2004

TWO HUNTERS CHARGED IN KILLING OF TROPHY DEER

DRYDEN - Two hunters have each been charged with six counts of illegal hunting, including night hunting and trespassing, for killing a trophy white-tailed deer.

Gary W. Stroughter, 54, of Baton Rouge, and Samuel F. Stroughter, 74, of Prairieville, both of Louisiana, have been summoned to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Dryden on March 16, 2004.

The deer was killed north of Dryden on November 10, 2003.

The animal that was killed has been the subject of considerable media interest due to the size of its antlers. The deer was seized by conservation officers.

Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) Dryden District Conservation Officers laid the charges on February 25, 2004, following an investigation aided by Louisiana and Mississippi conservation officers.

The public is encouraged to report natural resources violations to the local MNR office or anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

www.ocoa.ca
Old 03-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Updat,, big ontario buck!

Good, glad to see poachers getting what they deserve.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

I vaguely remember it. Are there any pics of the deer anywhere? I wonder if they will really travel all the way back up there from Louisiana to answer the charges.
Old 03-07-2004, 07:19 PM

Theres pictures on this site somewhere,, did a quick check couldnt find them.. Huge non-typical with enormous mass on the main beams.

I doubt they will ever travel up to answer charges,, but thats o.k.. Besides if they dont show up,, they will be convicted automaticly and if they ever try to enter the country again,, theyll get in but they will be detained immediately!!
Old 03-07-2004, 07:52 PM

GREAT NEWS!!! All I can say is that I hope that bad boy of a buck sired many, many does :-)

I tell ya, you folks have some huge critters in that neck of the woods. I've hunted the area and there are some bruisers running around, that's for sure.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:36 AM

That's great!!
Old 03-08-2004, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope they get the book thrown at them.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:25 AM

Rumor has it Gary W. Stroughter, 54, is an officer of the law!

If this is the case im sure he'd make the trip,, or there would be a possibilty he'd lose his job!
Old 03-14-2004, 07:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

If convicted he will most likely loose it anyway.
Old 03-14-2004, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't feel one bit sorry for them .i seen the pic's he sure was a dandy buck it's just too darn bad he got taken by a poacher .

nubo

Quick Reply: Updat,, big ontario buck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.