Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Updat,, big ontario buck!

Old 03-17-2004, 09:30 AM

Default RE: Updat,, big ontario buck!

most big bucks like that do get taken by poachers
Old 03-17-2004, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you guys have already convicted them. I thought that came later
Old 03-22-2004, 12:42 PM

Put the screws right to those guys.
Old 03-25-2004, 01:02 PM

I vaguely remember it. Are there any pics of the deer anywhere? I wonder if they will really travel all the way back up there from Louisiana to answer the charges.
There's a good pic of it in this month's NRA American Hunter magazine. And I think there were some good pics of it on AT. That is one monster buck though!
Old 03-25-2004, 02:06 PM

I was snoopin a bit on ebay last night and i saw an Ontario Whitetail hunt advertised for sale so i clicked on the post. It turns out that this outfitter was based out of Dryden Ontario and they had a picture of that big buck that was poached posted on their site. They made no attempt to inform the reader that the deer was taken illegally rather they give the imprssion that if you hunt with us this is the kind of deer you will get. I don't think this is right that they are using an illegaly taken animal for advertisement, but thats just my opinion.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:46 PM

Wow Hiawatha, that sucks. I know someone who runs an outfit up in that area and I must say, they do have some heavy weights in that area. You being from Saskatchewan, obviously have some awesome deer in your neck of the woods as well.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:36 PM
Typical Buck

I too hope these guys have to answer to the charges. However, would they get an equal sentence or have as much attention given to them if this had of been a basket rack 6pt? I think not. I find that to be sad that our sport has become so industrialized that the core values have dimenished.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:04 PM
Typical Buck

I do see your point Hiawatha although I have heard many a Saskatchewan outfitter talk about the Hanson buck being from near them. I think they should highlight this was not a buck of thiers (your main point I'm sure) but Northern Ontario sure could use some help in promoting its great hunting opportunities since the cancellation of the spring bear hunt.

The bottom line is you can find huge deer like this in Ontario as well as western Canada (please, no debate on that subject. I admit given the choice, I'm coming to your bush!)
Old 03-29-2004, 04:00 PM

Ont elk I wouldn't have had a problem with it if the deer had been taken legally. I just don't think its right to use the picture of a poached deer to get business.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:51 AM
Typical Buck

Does anyone know if this deer was shot at night with a light or taken after "legal" hunting hours expired? I mean, if these guys used a spotlight or something then throw the book at them. However, if the guy is sitting in his treestand after the sun set and got a clean shot off then it may be a little different. Any help??

All I have heard is that the deer was shot after legal hunting hours...

Thanks,

Bob

Quick Reply: Updat,, big ontario buck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.