Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What memories live longer..the "Good" ones or the "Bad" ones?

Old 03-03-2004, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What memories live longer..the "Good" ones or the "Bad" ones?

The bad because of missed oppurtunties. I don't want to talk about them.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

The good ones seem to pop into my head the most. the bad ones i chalk up to experience.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

My good memories greatly out weigh the bad memories, but I can not say that I forget the bad ones. I hope to grow and learn from my mistakes and go on. This year I was skunked and had a few mistakes and 2 misses but still the good memories of the season out weigh the bad. Good post.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Typical Buck

I think they're all good. Sometimes it takes a while for this strange evolution to occur, but eventually it seems to me like almost all of my "bad" memories become my favorite stories to tell.

For instance, my first ever big game hunt in '78, when I was young. One hour into the hunt, my dad put up a huge bull elk right in front of me. I stood there, rifle in hand, shouting for dad to come and shoot it! He did and the bull scored 353 net, still the biggest bull I've ever seen dead. I was humiliated at the time to think I'd "failed" in the clutch, but now? Who cares; it's one of my few positive memories of my father.
Old 03-06-2004, 04:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

This is a great question. I would have to say the bad ones haunt me. Just for the fact that they are gone. Yeah you can take all you can get from it and learn, but when it's all said and done................. nuttin you can do about it. The good ones are great don't get me wrong, but the bad ones you'll never get the same chance at that same deer. Should've would've could've.
Same as in golf for me. I replay bad rounds a zillion times in my brain wanting certain shots over again, but they aint coming back. Too competitive or perfectionist I suppose. That's what drives me most insane. I hate losing!!!! I hate failure!!!!

ps. When you look deep enough, they are all great memories being out there and experiencing it good or bad.