Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

If a deer attacks you what do you do??

Old 02-21-2004, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: If a deer attacks you what do you do??

Wait for permission from the U.N to defend yourself.

No really, throw your activated tarsal gland to one side and run the other way.

C. Davis
Old 02-24-2004, 01:56 PM

Well it's like this. I would run south. As the deer chased me, he would slip in the brown slick stuff and fall. Then I'd run east a few steps, north a few steps and west a few steps. when I hit the brown trail I'd run like hell north to where ever I came from. BYE, deer![8D]
Old 02-24-2004, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

i cant help but to lmao reading this thread, but in reality i would just die....
Old 02-24-2004, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I kinda attacked one one time. I was coming back from a three day unsuccusseful hunt from Rock Springs and going down highway 46 an isolated two lane highway there was this car driving in front of me at about 55 mph, so I just followed behind it, I could see up ahead in the lights that a doe was about to bolt into this car in front of me, sure enough this doe ran into the side of this car, killing it, what I thought and since I had my hunting clothes on and knife I slit the deers throat because it was shaking and thrashing due to nerves. The lady driver was so shakened up I asked her to let her husband drive and she asked me if the deer was still alive, I said no that it was just its nerves and then they drove off, I reached on down to grab the deer to hoist her in the back of the truck and this deer came to life and became, "the deer from hell". This deer hoofed me, bucked me and made attempts to put its mouth on my arm as if tring to bite me but I knew if I let go this deer would be lost in the swamps but for about 2=3 minutes this deer beat the living daylights outta me dragging me down to the canal that was on the edge of the road. It finally exhausted all of its energy in my arms. What actually happened was the deer got knocked out from the impact. Funny thing about it was is I had my friends thinking I was grizzly adams when they came over the next day and the only wound the deer had was a knife slit to its throat. I told them I was napping in the woods and heard this sniffing and I grabbed this deer and bull dogged it down, Had them going for a couple days. Bobby
Old 02-25-2004, 06:39 AM

give em the Mick Dundee hang loose animal charmer and say take me to your leader
Old 02-25-2004, 07:22 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-12-2004, 08:09 PM

Just got back from puking

Guys and Gals This board has been the best laugh i've ever had. Don't stop bein real.
Old 03-14-2004, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would just figure that turn about was fair play and try to reason with it.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:31 AM
Typical Buck

lmao, I can't believe I didn't read this earlier. Had me laughing for three pages.

Worst case senario: Pants down around ankles and toliet paper in one hand. Gun proped up against tree four feet away and a buck walking up on you with that Tink's doe in heat look in his eye.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: justhrowit

There was a guy attacked by an 8 point in Michigan a couple years ago. I belive it was Manistee. It's not Manistee, I just can't think of the name right now. N E WAY. He was fishing by a river when the he turned when he heard a noise and there was the buck. It charged him and he just crabbed the horns and went for a ride. They ended up in the water together and he somehow got his belt off and around the bucks neck. He started to choke it.....MUSKEGEN...thats it. N E WAY AGAIN. They ended up out of the water where he eventually killed the deer by choking it to death. He called his wife and told her to go get a hunting tag for him. She got it, and he brought it home.

Somehow, word got to the DNR and he was PROMPTLY ticketed and the deer was confiscated. He told his story, and they did not believe it. The deer had a broken hip as well, thats what they didn't believe him. Well, the deer also had really bad markings around it's neck...hence the belt!!!! Well, turns out there was a motorist who called in a deer/auto collision, and they never found the deer. HENSE THE BROKEN HIP. So, in the end he got the ticket removed, and the deer back. I think this happened two years ago or so. They think the deer attacked him because it was injured and just felt threatened.

I read this article first had in the paper...not on the internet while I was in School up in Michigan.

So...if you get attacked by a deer...grab your belt.

J

It wasn't in Newaygo was it. Newaygo is on the Muskegon River and Near Muskegon. I live there and have never heard of this. My buddy got a nice 8pt on the Manistee River by tackling it and drowning it. It was gutshot. He saw it while checking his trap line.[&:]

Quick Reply: If a deer attacks you what do you do??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.