Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

If a deer attacks you what do you do??

Old 02-13-2004, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: If a deer attacks you what do you do??

Well having surivived an pyscho ex girlfriend i think i would give an attacking buck a good fight

Seriously i wouldn't know what i would do. I guess it would all depend in the situation
Old 02-14-2004, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hold your hands out to show the deer you mean no harm. Speak quietly but firmly and don't make any quick moves. Explain to him you mean him no harm and that you are just passing through. Try not to look at the large antlers, for that will only make him angry. After a few minutes of talking calmly the deer should settle down and slowly start walking away. Then you reach for your gun and shoot.
Old 02-14-2004, 08:19 PM

ROFLMAO the stone cold stunner, GIMME A HELL YEAH!
i think i'd either have to go with biting part of his ear off
or a couple of jabs to the eye's and a nice upper cut to the jaw!

honestly i'd probly go WHAT THE **** DO I DO! then fill my pants and fall over
Old 02-15-2004, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

As funny and strange as it sounds,deer have attacked and killed a few people.A few years ago there were two deer attacks, if I remember right both were fatal. Attacks usually happen during the rut, so if you are hunting you'd be armed. Most other cases are "tame" deer that turn on their owners. I'd say the chances of being attacked would be on par with winning the lotto or lighning striking you, so I would'nt worry too much about it!
Old 02-15-2004, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

kill it!!!
Old 02-15-2004, 07:20 PM

Run like the wind or kill it.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Several years ago the man who owns WILDLIFE RESEARCH PRODUCTS was attacked by one of "his" bucks who measured around 100 inches. It was caught on tape. He held onto the antlers as best he could but the deer just pushed him around, and slashed him with it's hooves. After seeing that I now know that you can't hold the antlers with one hand and stab with the other without getting hurt. Just ain't no way. If it wasn't for someone else who was their to help him, he woulda been trashed! (worse than he was)

I'd hafta grab a big stick and pretend I was a major league ball player!
Old 02-20-2004, 04:52 PM

uauaslly deer dont attack people but if it does happen get up a tree if u can and if not ur going to experance a lot of pain
Old 02-20-2004, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

If a deer attacked me I would change my brown stained undies.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:20 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Let me add one. My great Uncle has always been the source of great stories in our family. In the 40's or 50's he poached a dear. He was driving down the road in Pennsylvania (lots of family still live up there) and saw a deer and shot it. He loads it into the back seat of his NEW car (I don't know if he had a tarp or what) quickly and heads home to gut it, etc. He has to drive thru town on his way to his house figureing that noone will be any the wiser. The deer isn't dead and comes to in the back seat. He's in a small space with a kicking pissed off deer and he doesn't want to be found out because he shot it out of season so he starts stabbing it with a hunting knife. He stabs it to death but his car is trashed. completely splattered with blood all over the inside. Over the years I have heard that story from several members of my family and if it wasn't for some of the other things my Great uncle had done I wouldn't be able to believe it.

David

Quick Reply: If a deer attacks you what do you do??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.