Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

If a deer attacks you what do you do??

Old 02-11-2004, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If a deer attacks you what do you do??

DITTO THAT! HAHAHAHAHA
ORIGINAL: MOTurkeyTamer

ORIGINAL: Hiawatha

#4--Stone Cold Stunner
LMAO!!
Old 02-11-2004, 09:04 PM
Spike

Years ago in the 70's when I was just a kid.My dad and a bunch of his hunting buddies and I were riding around the back roads of Bath county V.a. with the local Game Warden scouting for bear.Well during the prosess of doing this the Warden gets a message that a bow hunter arrowed a deer and when the hunter got outta his stand to retrieve the deer the deer attacked him.So being that we were with him in his vehicle we got to respond to the call with him.The guys story went like this.He was in a tree stand on public land and he arrowed a 6 point buck.The arrow passed thru the deer .So the guy goes to follow up on the deer and as he is picking up the arrow the deer comes out of nowhere and starts chasing him so he drops the bow and arrow and runs like heck.He manages to get back up in his stand and the deer is under his stand raising heck but the guy has left his bow on the ground and cant do anything except stay in the tree and try to out wait the buck.After awhile the deer leaves and bleeds to death but the guy is scared outta his wits and when he gets down he calls the game warden to help him get his deer.Turns out there was nothing wrong with the deer as far as rabies or anything like that he was just pissed that the guy arrowed him.Just goes to show though that just because there deer they are still wild animals and are dangerous and unpredictable.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Well , first I plan to soil myself ...
Austin Powers

Seriously , this almost happened to me . I just froze , and the buck eventually wandered off after giving me a thorough punking .

Hey ! It's funny now ...
Old 02-12-2004, 02:09 PM

Thats why i have hand to hand combat books.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:14 PM

yell and stand tall act bigger then it and it will spook.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:50 PM
Typical Buck

I once had a rutted-up muley buck standing at 25 feet, acting like he was going to take me. I had grunted at him, and even though I was standing in the middle of an old logging road, he just didn't seem to get it. I had my rifle off safe and ready to shoot (this was in a special tag only zone), then the wind switched and his nose told him what his eyes apparently hadn't, and he took off.
Old 02-12-2004, 04:12 PM

I think I'd spend more time learning how to avoid lightning. You're much more likely to be struck by lightning or breaking your neck in the bathtub.......then you are of being attacked by a deer!

A person probably could live 1000 lifetimes.....or two.....before needing to know what to do....if a deer attacks!

On the other hand if it's a real concern to you.....don't go in the woods unarmed. Problem solved!

Dave
Old 02-12-2004, 05:49 PM

hey deerslayer357 dont learn hand to hand --- learn hand to hoof!
Old 02-12-2004, 11:55 PM
Fork Horn

Does anyone remember that video that came out a few years ago? Where that guy was just trying to get close to a deer, while someone was video taping it, and the deer suddenly stood up on two legs and just started hoofing that poor guy?
Old 02-13-2004, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

lmao @ everyone, but 2 more stories for you.. a few years ago, a close friend of mine was hunting, when he heard a noise behind him. turns around( rifle hunting, by the way) and sees a big bull moose on the ridge above him. so, marty turns around, not paying him no mind, untill he hears it running. t he g.d. thing is charging him! told me he was so scared, he just stood there no moving while it came at him. the bull stopped at 10 feet, my buddy never drew his gun. bull turns, walks away a bit, charges again! still, my friend hasn't recovered from the first charge, doesn't move. bull moose finally moves off. more noise. marty still checking his pants.. yep,. moose coming back for more, this time the gun is ready for use, but the moose edoesn't come closer. turns out what was supposed to be doe lure had moose urine too, moose was just looking for love, and marty just wasn't going to give it up.
now, i wounded a doe w/bow, two december's ago. followed her from 6-11 that night, got up at 5 the next morning, back on the trail. about 7 in the morning, coyote's howling around me, i finally catch up to her, laying down. all i could think of was it's about time, i'm tired. shot had taken out the front leg, nothing else. so, i firuge it's all over but the fun part, the eating. WRONG. as i get closer, the b$%^& stands up! away goes the swiss army knife, out comes the fixed blade. no bow, season ended the evening i hit her. so i figure, maybe since it is still dusky out, she will follow my flashlight, i can try to stab her in the spine, she did, i tried, and missed, though still drove her deep w/6inch blade. she is not happy. try again, miss spine again, drove herr, she really unhappy w/me. third time i try,, as i am moving away, i slip in the snow on my wool pants cuffs, AND SHE IS ALL OVER ME, GRUNTING, FLAILNG HER FRONT LEGS. l;et me tell ya, glad i hit the front leg with the arrow, i would have been in a lot more trouble. never dropped my knife or flashlite, just rolled on my stomach, got to my knees, and crawled like hell out of there! after rethinking the situation, we had a very pointed discussion, she saw things my way, after 3 more hand to hand combat sessions, and eneded up visiting the inside of my freezer. so, just like w/fire, STOP, DROP, ROLL, THEN STAB LIKE MAD! never did hit the spine.

Quick Reply: If a deer attacks you what do you do??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.