Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dealing with the wait

Old 02-10-2004, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Dealing with the wait

How do you guys deal with waiting for your mount back? I'm going nuts here. [8D]
Waiting on fish is one thing, but I cannot wait to get my buck back. It was a matter of hours from the time I shot him to the time he went off to the taxi. I sit here all day at my desk staring at the pic and its torture.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:36 PM

Default RE: Dealing with the wait

Mine should be done in a few weeks

But then again, I bring the dude coffee every other day.......

Just to let him know I still exist
Old 02-10-2004, 02:54 PM

here is a wait. I got my buck on november 8th. I have these people from Ontario up hunting on my land each year around the end of November. The one fellow is a taxidermist so he offered to mount my buck for me. So i sent the head back with him to Ontario and i won't get it back tell the end of this november when they come back. I thought the wait would kill me but i'm coping quite well. The thing is dead and it ain't goin anyplace and i'm not payin to have it shipped here so i'll have to suck it up and wait. Just hope i see me deer head again otherwise i'll be driven' to Ontario to hunt a taxidermist. lmao.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure how some people get their's back so soon. My taxi had the cape by end of Nov. and I won't see the mount until the beginning of next bow season in Oct! I've kind of forced it out of my mind since this will be my first mount.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Spike

I killed my 10 pt. on November 20, 2003, and got it back last week. The key is this, if you want it done quickly, then you need to find a taxidermist that does their own tanning and doesn't take on more deer than they can practically do. Sending the hides off for tanning is what makes the wait so long.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:24 PM

Just slip him a couple $20's and you will shorten the wait!
Old 02-10-2004, 05:34 PM

I shot my buck at the end of nov. and i won't get it back from the taxidermist til probably next nov. I just try not to think about it to much, but it is kinda hard to wait that long, especially when you're paying the guy a bunch of money to mount it.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

you guys dont even have a wait yet my elk was shot oct 2001 and i still dont have it he told me about a month ago i would see it in about 3 months . i picked up a coyote he did for me and that was 3 plus years . my sons first buck was 22 months . he does great work just ungodly slow
Old 02-10-2004, 05:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

I waited a year and 1/2 for my Bear to get back. It was worth the wait but I would choose a different shop next time. Thats a long time to wait. Anymore thouigh I don't get very excited. I don't keep any Deer for mounting I got one big one, just the rack. I don't have room for any more where I live now.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:37 PM

Our mounts are done by a couple of Russian masters that took first at a taxidermist competition in the world. IT takes between 3-4 years to get them back.

Quick Reply: Dealing with the wait

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.