Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Super Bowl Sunday Shed Huntin'

Old 02-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Super Bowl Sunday Shed Huntin'

went out super bowl sunday to look for some sheds. really a crappy day to do it. 31 degrees, and snow on the ground. enough to cover an antler up. but i had the itch and there is only one way to fix it, get out in the woods.

after about an hour of walkin, i noticed something stickin out of the snow. either it was a HUGE antler or i dont even know. But it looks outta place. i walk up to it and its a rib cage, all busted up. deer got hit by a car definitely. i get about 5 feet from it and i see the rack. here is what it turned out to be:

probably a 2 1/2 year old deer. 8 point with a 16" spread. not bad for the first day in the snow. i guess i will just let it rot in my backyard and do a european mount.

Hey: i updated my website with pics of my friends mule deer, a bow-kill bear around 380 lbs, a fox picture brian shot, and my friends first two bow kills. check it out and sign my guest book.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:42 PM

Default RE: Super Bowl Sunday Shed Huntin'

It's a Shame it died that way.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:21 PM

Sucks that he made it through hunting season only to get smacked by a car. He would have been a dandy next year. I'm glad you at least got his rack Kobear.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice rack, to bad he met a vehicle on the road.