Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Scared of the dark? Be Honest

Old 01-16-2004, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scared of the dark? Be Honest

scared of the dark?

simple solution - carry a flashlight!
Old 01-17-2004, 07:52 AM
dpv
Typical Buck

I have posted on this before. I get the Willies some times when I'm out at night. Havn't had to spend the night in the woods because of being lost yet. I have camped and hiked alone before though and I have gotten lost and had a very long walk out at night. You just have to keep your head .Congrats to your friend for making it thru the night. I always go out with some bare bones basics to help me get thru the night if it turns out that way. While I get the crap scared out of me some times when a rabbit shoots out from where I was going to put my foot down or a deer waits till I'm six feet away before spooking, it's the fear of other people that gets me the most. I would prefer not carrying a flashlight but since I hunt public land I carry it going in and coming out. Don't want to get shot. I don't worry too much about someone with nefarious intentions because most scumbags arn't going to go out into the woods at night to do something bad. I'm not a soft target. They might vandalize or break into my truck but they probly won't come out into the woods for me.( wouldn't be a real good career move for them) Gotta say though, here in VA there isn't much in the woods that's more dangerous than me. Some more remote areas are said to have cougars coming back but I don't think they are around here. Black bear arn't likely to hurt you unless you come to close to a cub.

David.
Old 01-17-2004, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I guess I'm a little weird,I love to be in the woods in the dark.I use a red light if I need to see,the deer don't seem to notice it.