Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How was everyones hunting season

Old 01-05-2004, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How was everyones hunting season

All i can say is no deer for me this is the second year in a row.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: How was everyones hunting season

I hunted two days and took two big mule deer does. I still have a muzzle loader tag that seasons open until Jan 31.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

i had a real good season this year.got 2 does and 2 bucks.a 6 pt and a 13 pt.the 13 is the biggest i got in my 15 year hunting career.hopefully i will have some pics soon.have to get it back from the taxidermist first.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:08 PM

6, 7, and an 8 point.........

Brother has a 8 and 9 point......
Old 01-05-2004, 10:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

My most productive year in my 5 years of hunting. Got a button buck in early Oct. with my bow. Then a 10 pt. and two yearlings all with a shotgun. Still have a few days left. I'm hoping to get out at least once more. I got some ASAT for christmas and am wanting to try it out.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:07 AM
Typical Buck

Still in full swing. So far, I got my first bow kill. A trophy doe. Not because of size, but my plan came together and of course my first with a bow. Got a 4 year old spike with my gun also. I've been hunting horns since with not much luck.[:'(]
Old 01-06-2004, 03:34 AM
Typical Buck

After last year with an 8 point and a trophy 10 point this year was a fill the freezer year with 4 does, first with a bow though, and a small 6 point. These were all early in the season. Had to work through the rut and haven't seen a deer in months.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well as far as numbers go it was good. 5 deer and 2 Turkeys. No bucks to speak of though. I messed up on two nice ones during early muzzle loader season. One caught me with a bow in my hand, the other got away when My scope got nocked off the day before. I had a lot of fun, learned some great leassons and have some good meat for the freezer, so overall I would say it's been a fine season.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:30 AM

Yes, I feel that I had (and still am having) a good season too. Got my first "trophy doe" too with my bow. Seen lot's of deer from my climber in the early part of the season while bow hunting. Had some good opportunities to shoot, but didn't due to my still developing abilities and confidence.

Muzzle loading and firearms season didn't present me with any opportunities. I'd still rather bow hunt though, but went out a couple of times anyway with my firearms, at least to christian them each with a kill (12 ga shotgun and BP Omega).

Firearms season starts again from the 9th to 10th of January here in Maryland. Then it's bowhunting all of the way to the 31st. I'll be out there with my PSE, and hopefully I can take either a doe or buck for the close of the deer season. That would be nice.....

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Hanover, Md
Old 01-06-2004, 04:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

It was an okay year, I got a big bodied 7 point, I spent a lot less time hunting this year than normal, between funky weather, things going on around the house and being halfway sick for a while I guess it went pretty good, I lost most of the bow season due to a messed up elbow.

Quick Reply: How was everyones hunting season

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.