Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Need a crushing one liner for antis

Old 01-02-2004, 01:39 PM

Default RE: Need a crushing one liner for antis

Not bad Charley, can I quote you on that?
Old 01-02-2004, 01:43 PM

Of course. I stole it from somebody else, and sonebody will steal it from you...
Old 01-02-2004, 02:29 PM

on the radio one time two people were talking of hunting, its to bad i cant find the hole story, any how the woman says to the rifle teacher, but you are teaching them to kill and you are giveing them the tools to kill, all he had to say back to that was,yeah but you have the tools to be a prostitute but you are not are you?
Old 01-02-2004, 03:17 PM

I tell them; " I don't smoke, drink, fornicate, steal, covet another's wife, but ever since they removed THE TEN COMMANDMENTS from everywhere but your own home I've had trouble about that one that says; THOU SHALT NOT KILL, I'm getting old and can't seem to recall if there was any addendums to that commandment with regards to hunting ANIMALS. Now if you were to replace those COMMANDMENTS, I'd be willing to take a refresher course in killing." If not, EXCUSE ME!!![X(][X(][X(]
Old 01-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

If as you say they are intelligent people, open to reason, then you should look up a few wildlife conservation sites and find factual numbers on how hunting and conservation has greatly increased the number of game and non-game animals since the early 1900's! Nearly every species of game animal has benifited from the hunters dollars and hunters conservation. Many animals were almost extinct in the early 1900's and are now at the point of over-population! It is the hunters dollars (Pittman-Robertson Act for one) that fund most conservation projects. These projects are paid for by hunters, and are enjoyed by everyone!
And as to them not being morons, many animals both game and non-game would starve if not for hunting conservation, so this is a legitimate argument for hunting!
These are just a few things that you could use, if however they are just "bleeding heart liberals" they will not listen to any facts or reason, so you might as well ignore them, and save your breath! They are not worth arguing with. And it is a wise thing, when you run into a true moron anti, to let them be the ones to say dumb things, get angry and show their true colors! Remember, many times they would like to bait a hunter into getting angry, so that we look like violent people! Good luck!
Old 01-02-2004, 03:59 PM
Spike

Just ask if they are a vegetarian? If they are not then call them a hypocrite.
If they are a vegi, then you can't argue with them.
Old 01-02-2004, 06:43 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Arguing with them is usually pointless. I just simply tell them that I am a carnivore. Top of the food chain. I have mastered technology and I use it my advantage. I enjoy the hunt. I enjoy the kill. I enjoy the meat.
I bought my stepson a hunting video game for Christmas. His grandmother is a very nice lady but she is an adament anti... I'm waiting for her to say something about the game.....nobody has a problem with the boy playing games where he kills people. The damned sure better not say anything to me about a hunting game.

David
Old 01-02-2004, 07:05 PM

Just ask if they are a vegetarian? If they are not then call them a hypocrite.
If they are a vegi, then you can't argue with them.
This has always been my thought too. When anyone blasts me about hunting and I ask if they eat chicken, beef, fish, etc., I can usually shut them up pretty easily. Much of the general public is blind-sided into believing that their meat that they enjoy eating so much, just happens to magically appear in the grocery store's freezer. A little friendly reality check will get their wheels turning!
As far as those who don't eat any animal products (vegans), I usually can't say much to convince them that what we're doing is right. They're too insane to have a civilized conversation with. [X(][]
Old 01-02-2004, 07:27 PM

There is no short, sweet and to the point remark that you can give an anti that will in any way change their opinion. Sad but true. I once had a secretary who had a houseful of birds, cats, dogs, etc. ANY killing of an animal was the same as murdering a human being to her. After coming back from my hunt one year she overheard that I was having my deer head mounted by a taxidermist. She said ,"How would you like it if someone shot you and put your head up on the wall"? Now how do you respond to someone like that. I was paying her salary and I know she needed her job to pay bills and still was so outraged that she had to make that comment to her employer. I let it go. I would not terminate an employee for expressing a personal opinion(even though it was a very rude remark to her boss). My point is most anti's are so profoundly locked into their postion on this subject that mere facts do not equate with them. I think their position on this is as ingrained in them as ours is. Agree to disagree and then have a nice evening with your friends.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Arguing with them is usually pointless.
This is the most important thing to remember when dealing with antis.

Quick Reply: Need a crushing one liner for antis

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.