Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stealth Cam Digital - any users?

Old 01-02-2004, 07:42 AM

Default RE: Stealth Cam Digital - any users?

The digital camera that I have is the Snapshot Sniper not the Stealth. Sorry for the confusion. Yes it does have the Olympus 380 2.0 Megapixel camera.
The camera can be unpluged and used like a regular digital camera. They are on sale for $499.00 plus free shipping. (The Penns cost me over $600 with tax and shipping) The Sniper includes 8 rechargable batteries and charger; also you get a card reader/writer that plugs into your USB computer port.

Their toll free number is: 888/482 8134

check out the camera on line at: www.snapshotsniper.com

Let me know if you have any other questions of issues.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:07 AM

I was hopeing to find someone with a snapshot.
What are the 4 sight windows for on the face of the camera
1 for the flash
1 for the lens
1 for the motion sensor
Whats the 4th one for?Is that an extended flash?
And it was my mistake on the warrenty...Snapshot has a 60day warrenty
One feature on the PW that I really like is the 10sec delay.You get some great shots on rubs and scrapes.
Old 01-02-2004, 11:46 AM

The Snapshot digital Sniper will can take 2 images every 30 seconds. They have a double picture mode. So at 30 second delay and in the double mode you have 2 images every 30 seconds.

The fourth window is for the LED blinking light. You can check the 9volt battery, event counter, and walk test without opening the box.

Another feature is the trail or feeder mode. Most cameras have a 2 or 3 second delay from the time the motion detector sensor activates and the camera records the image. In the trail mode the camera fires instantly. This mode uses up the batteries faster; but I recharge the batteries and check the camera every day. You probably have seen deer walk by your camera and not get a picture. That can not happen with the camera is in the trail mode.

I have to tell you about this big black buck that I have been trying to get a image of. It is a big nontypical whitetail buck. I seen him twice during October bow hunting. I know his track - huge round track with the front right hoof spladed outward. He walked by my DC-200 Deer Cam this morning. I checked the camera and it has 2 exposes since yesturday morning when I put it out. I am dying to see the prints. If that was the snapshot digital I could have checked the images right there in the woods.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:52 PM

I have to tell you about this big black buck that I have been trying to get a image of. It is a big nontypical whitetail buck. I seen him twice during October bow hunting. I know his track - huge round track with the front right hoof spladed outward. He walked by my DC-200 Deer Cam this morning. I checked the camera and it has 2 exposes since yesturday morning when I put it out. I am dying to see the prints. If that was the snapshot digital I could have checked the images right there in the woods.
Well ....did you get the film developed yet???
Old 01-06-2004, 07:25 PM

How long do the batteries last in these digitals? I here about guys changing them everyday and that wont cut it for me. I dont want to be stomping around my hunting area every day. I have a regular Cam-Trakker and the batteries last at least 3 months of continual use. I thought about getting a Cam-Trakker digital but they are $650. I guess you get what you pay for.

I have also heard that they will be coming out with a camera that has a small antena on it and that you can check photos from your computer with the proper program. It does it by satelite and has a GPS so that it can be tracked down if stolen. Has anyone heard about these and who might make them? That would be the way to go!
Old 01-07-2004, 04:38 AM

Batteries last about 2 -3 months,and I'm takeing 50-80 pics every 2 days,they come with rechargable .
If anyone is changing batts that often theres a problem with the camera
I have also heard that they will be coming out with a camera that has a small antena on it and that you can check photos from your computer with the proper program. It does it by satelite and has a GPS so that it can be tracked down if stolen. Has anyone heard about these and who might make them? That would be the way to go!
Havent heard of it.But if you find a web site for it let us know.
If I was to get another camera right now it would be the snapshot
Old 01-07-2004, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Highlander and couldn't be happier. I have had 0 problems with it. The only time I had any water get in was when I accidently shut a small twig under the lid when I shut it. I have gotten thousands of pics in the last year, no problem.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

isatarak - what did you pay for the Highlander? Got a web site?
Old 01-07-2004, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

isatarak - what did you pay for the Highlander? Got a web site?
Old 01-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here it is.

http://www.highlandersports.com/

I got a black and white camera for a couple of reasons. For one, I'm only interested in scouting pics, so color doesn't mean anything to me. Second, color pics take up 4 times as much card space. Third, with black and white photos can use infrared flash where color requires white flash, which could spook the deer in my opinion. I think I paid about $550. for the camera and card reader. I'm sure there are some other brands out there that are just as good, this just happens to be the one I have. I have had it for over a year and had no trouble. Batteries will run down faster in colder weather.

Quick Reply: Stealth Cam Digital - any users?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.