Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-25-2003, 04:41 PM

Default RE: NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

I would spend more time looking for the deer I had wounded and less time stalking the elusive Pepsi Bottle.
Old 12-25-2003, 04:49 PM

Was testing my scopes man
Old 12-25-2003, 05:50 PM

I don't see a problem with his ETHICS at all if he can kill 10 deer in his state.
Why does everyone on here have to preach to people all the time about right and wrong instead of just trying to help the person? BigBoo I would have shot at both deer also and maybe another one if it had stopped and looked back. Good luck trying to find them.
Old 12-25-2003, 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: hcurt

BigBoo I would have shot at both deer also and maybe another one if it had stopped and looked back. Good luck trying to find them.

So would have every other soul on this message board, wether or not theyd admit it, but they would have.

Start your preaching now flamers.
Old 12-25-2003, 06:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Uh, I guarantee that I would not have shot the deer in my yard. I have a green field, feeder and plenty of deer in my yard every day that I could legally shoot, but they are for the enjoyment of my wife and grandkids to watch.
Sounds like you may have had a touch of buck/doe fever to me.
Old 12-25-2003, 06:13 PM

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

Uh, I guarantee that I would not have shot the deer in my yard. I have a green field, feeder and plenty of deer in my yard every day that I could legally shoot, but they are for the enjoyment of my wife and grandkids to watch.
Sounds like you may have had a touch of buck/doe fever to me.

Lets break this down, Im not married and I have no kids...

Its not Doe fever to shoot a deer in the last 4 days of the season when you havent SEEN a deer for the last 2 months.

Read my last post above.
Old 12-25-2003, 06:34 PM

Yea Boo, I live in NC, and if I recall the regs correctly, legal shooting time is 1/2 hour past sun-up. If you had your lights on and still could not see the color of the animal but only the silhouette, the there is one issue. The next, it sounds like you might be young in your number of years hunting. You need to get with a more experienced hunter and learn how to trail a wounded deer. If thats not possible, find a good dog.

When the deer are running off, are you paying attention to the direction they are running? If you find splatters of blood, are you looking in the direction they ran for a blood trail? You might not find large splatters every 3 feet. It could be more like a drop every 10 or 20 yards. Take a roll of TP (toilet paper) and leave a piece at every place where you last find blood. This way, if you loose the trail, you can back up and find it again.
Old 12-25-2003, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Next day, (today) Christmas, I leave the house at about 6am, I get into my truck and turn my lights on, there are 4 deer standing at my mailbox, not EVEN 50 yeards away, I could hit them with a gravel if I tried.

I get out of the truck, I load one bullet, I shoot the largest female, her but hits the ground, she runs about 20 yards and she stops.
Exactly where in this entire country was it light enough to legally shoot at 6am?

This whole story is nothing more than a hoax to start trouble.

Go crawl back under your rock!
Old 12-25-2003, 06:58 PM

What I said if you reread it correctly, is that according to NC Game commision "Black coat" is a term used to describe when sun is UP but you cannot with the naked eye see the color of the animal, only the silohette (sp?)

And yes it IS legal to shoot them.

Why the hell couldnt I see a friggin deer at 50 damn yards with truck high beams on...

(sighs)
Old 12-25-2003, 07:00 PM

You can legally shoot once the sun has risen, if its 3am in Alaska and the sun has risen, its legal to shoot. If your not in my state, my timezone then you have no clue.

This post isnt a hoax at all, but I can tell from your snyde comment and past postings that your really not here for fun are you, more like a board whore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.