Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Input..I had too put a deer down that was hit..input

Old 12-24-2003, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Input..I had too put a deer down that was hit..input

That you did the right thing is without question. The lady is not in touch with reality, so don't let her idiocy ruin your day.

Bob d: It is also illegal to speed, but in emergency situations you gotta do what you gotta do. 999 out of 1000 cops in my neck of the woods would have thanked him. And if one had tried to press charges, the cop would have be rebuffed by the judges. If you live in another kind of area, I feel sorry for you.

Here is my own story with a better ending. When I was about 13 and my brother was about 5 we came upon a deer that needed to be dispatched along a road. My dad always carried a 410 shotgun for snakes in his truck. He got out, placed the barrel against the deer's temple and pulled the trigger. Right after the shot, my young brother stuck his head out of the window and shouted excitedly: "You got him Dad, you got him!!!"
Old 12-24-2003, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

TXHUNTER58 YOU MUST BE LIVING IN A VACUUM AS THESE TREE HUGGING BLEEDING HEARTS ARE EVERY WHERE
Old 12-24-2003, 10:03 PM

you did the wright thing.good job.always got a 22.in the truck.

go deep hunt hard.

Old 12-25-2003, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

No vacuum, just TEXAS. Hope everyone has a great CHRISTmas.
Old 12-25-2003, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

You did everything textbook. You're a better man than I...I would have let that woman have it in spades...when I got done she would have been leaving quickly of her own decision..........
When you make a decision to take a living creature's life the last thing you need is a moron hassling you b/c of their own ignorance. She missed a good opportunity to connect with her kids about life and death. She could have taught them an importnat lesson but instead she just taught them (like she probably has many times before) that mommy is an angry fool.
You risked your life on that road and one of the people you risked your own life for was that lady. She'll never get that.
Old 12-25-2003, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think mercy killings in itself is stressful enough without someone trying to throw a guilt trip on you. Been there and done it as far as making a mercy kill. I have three vecihles and in every one I carry a weapon for primilarly that reason. Something simular happen to me a few years back when a a group of deer ran across the road and one deer got hung up in a barb-wire fence along this pasture. This deer was doing carwelts in the strands and ripping its hyde and just not a pretty sight as it was baaaaing fractically. This was taking place just prior before I got to it as mortorists were standing around the deer helplessly. I shot it one time with the 357 killing it instantly. Someone earlier had called the game warden and he showed up just after I shot it and told me he was going to have to wright me a ticket because, "there was a possible chance that the deer could get loose,"I told him, "Do what you gotta do". He said this in front of everyone. I helped him in loading the deer on his truck and after everyone left, He told me to get the Hell outta here. Bobby
Old 12-25-2003, 11:16 PM

i would do the same thing with the knife i keep in the car it is to bad but the way it is that some are like that, try going to the peta website on the bse stuff
Old 12-26-2003, 03:48 AM

you did the right thing by ending its suffering quickly. as for the... (had to think for a sec-) babbling fool she sounds like she needs a touch of reality. Good job-- Food for thought- what if that babbling fool was the one that had hit the deer? chances are her tune would be different then.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is right and wrong, legal and illegal. Sometimes you have to do the right thing even if it is illegal. That's what Mystro did and handled it well.
It is illegal here in Georgia to "Shoot at, towards, over or from a road maintained for travel" That does not mean the scenario as described doesn't occur a dozen times a week.
Old 12-26-2003, 05:19 AM

Mystro,

You did the right thing for the deer and the people there.

I had seen once off of Route 17 in the Southern Teir of NY, a NY State Trooper shoot a deer with his revolver and although I did not enjoy seeing that, it was the right thing to do.

Also once there was a buck under a car off of 507. It was the strangest thing seeing an 8 pointer under a car still alive. I did not have my rifle with me or I would have stopped and shot it. My friend the fire chief had to shoot the deer so he could help pull it out from under the car.

T

Quick Reply: Input..I had too put a deer down that was hit..input

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.