Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Partners.......................

Old 12-24-2003, 07:36 AM

Default RE: Hunting Partners.......................

well i for one do smoke and all the time and i am a firm believer that it doesnt matter how well you wash the deer will smell you if you let them i have had another great hunting year a 5x4 elk at a hundred yds 3 whitetail does the farthest one was 15 yds the closest was 7 yds all while still hunting all with smoke on my clothes or in my mouth i have been sitting in my stand the last two evenings seen 8 deer the first night 5 the next all you have to do is use the wind so they dont catch your scent try this once most of you must have access to a dog put on your best hunting scent soap or scent lok suit and see if the dog can find you i think you will be suprised at how easily he will
Old 12-24-2003, 07:46 AM

Sounds like my long ago ex. She'd get lost in her home town and have to call and get help so she could find her way home.
Old 12-24-2003, 07:49 AM

Good luck with those girls next year Tazman. Congrats on bringing them up to enjoy our passion. Sounds like they love their Tazman.
Old 12-24-2003, 07:51 AM

Well, let's see....yeah, all those reasons are why I hunt solo now! Been there, and done that![:'(]
Old 12-24-2003, 07:53 AM

My hunting partner is my son, Joe. I love him dearly and tell him so often. He is MY MAIN MAN!
Old 12-24-2003, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

My hunting partner is my younger brother. Even though we have our brotherly squables and arguments, he is probably the most loyal and dedicated hunting partner anyone could ask for.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jimpok thanks, I see you have your son into it also, our children are the future of hunting, it is important that they learn to be responsible ethical hunters.

Kyle I am jealous, I wish my brother hunted, but he won't.
Old 12-26-2003, 02:02 AM

I normally end up hunting solo, it seems that most of people i have hunted with in past,--youngest brother-well hed rather be out with his friends, my in-laws hunt out behind their house, even if i end up hunting w/them they all end up calling it a day only a couple hours into the day, so there again leaves me out by my self--oh well-I dont mind, then again don't have much choice.

--Tazman congrats on your new hunting partners-best of luk next season!
-- Good luk to All, weather you hunt solo or with a partner, Enjoy!!!!