Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Partners.......................

Old 12-23-2003, 05:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Hunting Partners.......................

Well I have been a lone wolf hunter for years, but now I have 2 of the best hunting partners in the world, my twin daughters, they have done it all with me except 2 things, they haven't been with me when I killed one and they haven't carried a gun yet, next year will be their first year actually carry a gun, I would love nothing better than for them to get their first next year.
Old 12-23-2003, 05:12 AM

Hey Tazman,

Good luck on getting your daughters off to a successful start next year! I could think of few things that would make a dad prouder....or happier! Wish ya all the best!

Dave
Old 12-23-2003, 05:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Dave, they have earned it, they have scouted with me the last 2 years, sat on stand, heck we had a doe at 20ft when it was bucks only this year so there is no doubt in my mind that they can do it. They have drug, field dressed, hung, skinned, and butchered deer, that and they can shoot, so once they take thier hunters safety course they will have earned the right.
Old 12-23-2003, 05:29 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah I would not be happy about that, but I would think that what he does is not going to effect my hunting cause I would not be setup close to him... But What bothers me, is when people don't show up, can't go, ect ect... I just want someone to like hunting as much as I do, maybe have something to bring to the table (hunting land, ect) and can go every weekend and a few times durning the week... This is especially had with bowhunting... Seems like I am always out there by myself, which is OK... but the hunting experience is always better when you are amonst friends... If it is was me I would just be happy he goes, who cares if he takes any deer that just leaves more for you...
Old 12-23-2003, 06:01 AM

I feel where your coming from hvyhitter, guys I hunt with like to hunt but just arnt as crazy about it as I am. They leave me hanging alot and I end up hunting solo, the worst is when they they call you at 5am and say they not gonna get up. Where you at in MD?
Old 12-23-2003, 07:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

We have one guy in our group that gets to me once in awhile. I don't really get pissed at him, I just shake my head sometimes. He's been hunting my land for 3 years now. For the life of him he CAN"T figure out the land. He has no clue what anyone is talking about as far as the land goes. He knows no reference points on the land. He can never understand what treestand we are talking about even though he helped hang them. I just don't get it. He's been there 3 years and has walked the property several times. He just can't get a grasp on what's where. Corn field?? what corn field? Down the gasline. There's a gasline? stuff like that. All in all though, he doesn't affect my hunting. Just doesn't know where he is.
Old 12-23-2003, 07:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

NY Bowhunter it sounds like this guy is simply a "Lost Soul"!
Old 12-23-2003, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

I totally agree with you. Having a hunter doing ignorant things just makes it easier for you. My cousins used to hunt with us for quite a few years. After a while of their constant yelling, smoking and drinking during the season, we finally decided not to go hunting with them any more. The drinking just makes it too dangerous. No problems with drinking afterwards. Just so long as you're not doing it while carrying a high-powered rifle.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:49 PM

I dont really get mad at my hunting parters just annoyed by one of them.Ive been deer hunting for 4 years now, i know i dont know everything but i know quite abit and every year when we go deer hunting he always tells me exactly what to do.Its my friends dad so i dont say anything to him. but it just gets to me.My other hunting partner is my step-dad and i dont ussually get mad at him, or anything, but when we hunt together we dont do as much walking as i would wish, or i do alot of walking, because he has bad knees and gout and all that crappy stuff.But other than that my hunting partners are good to go!
Old 12-24-2003, 07:17 AM

ny bowhunter, seems to me that this guy you refer to is the prime example of someone with adult A.D.D

Quick Reply: Hunting Partners.......................

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.